Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yeah, 100mm internal mfdes. Works well, but could do with some refinement if i wasn't so lazy.

It just seems like a simple, easy and cheap solution without permanently modding the detector. I'll give it a try, I have 100mm pipe at home.

Cool, good luck, it works well and is strong enough. Reckon if you could heat and turn/roll up that top front edge of the pipe a bit it would be a little better.

mfdes said:
It just seems like a simple, easy and cheap solution without permanently modding the detector. I'll give it a try, I have 100mm pipe at home.
Hey Miguel
My mod does not alter the detector permanently at all, I merely unscrew the toy arm rest & bolt on the heavy duty one that I made via the 2 plastic bolts & wing nuts.
I can remove it at any time & replace the standard one in a few minutes, can't see a reason to do that though!!!!.
cheers
Lee

mfdes said:
Cool, I see what you mean Lee. I'm not as handy with the metal cutting and tinkering, though!

Are you still coming up here this year ?? I can knock one together for you so you can take it home with you.
cheers
Lee

Hey guys. Got a quick question regarding the sdc. Is it safe to wash or submerge it under water while its folded up or partly folded. With the coil and stick unlocked?

Not sure mate. I normally just give mine a simple wet cloth wipe down end each day, let dry and them collapse.

Hey guys. Got a quick question regarding the sdc. Is it safe to wash or submerge it under water while its folded up or partly folded. With the coil and stick unlocked?

I've washed mine (SDC) :) a couple of times with the shaft unlocked & partially closed & the shaft pivoted half closed to get the dust out of all the nooks & crannies & it hasn't affected mine.
Rob.

rc62burke said:
Are you still coming up here this year ?? I can knock one together for you so you can take it home with you.
cheers
Lee

Thanks Lee, it's looking less and less likely. Have to go to Canada later in the year, and I'll end up using pretty much all my leave. If you come down here when it gets too hot in TV, let me know, I've scoped out a couple of decent spots...

When it comes to washing the SDC, while I haven't washed mine while folded, I never worry about it getting wet: The seals should not be compromised with the hinges in a different position, IMO.

Cheers guys. Yeah, was just concerned if the shaft was opended it would let the water in.
Probably a question j should have asked before washing it lol. Just havent turned it back on yet.

Scrounger. Thanks for the poly pipe idea. works a treat.
Here's another one you fellas might consider as well. The kind people down at detectaden gave me a cut bit of pipe and a zip tie to keep the knuckle from getting damaged.
1432886648_2015-05-30_16.48.56.jpg

1432886648_2015-05-30_16.49.27.jpg

Both cool ideas. Thanks fellas. Haven't had any trouble there but worth thinking about pro-actively. RC62, that machine looks brand spanking, have you used it yet?

SCROUNGER said:
Both cool ideas. Thanks fellas. Haven't had any trouble there but worth thinking about pro-actively. RC62, that machine looks brand spanking, have you used it yet?

Hey Mate
Yes it was shiny new in the photo's I made the "Knuckle Protector" & the "Arm Rest" as soon as I bought it & before I used it in the bush, I purchased it in late Nov & have done 3 trips with it on which it paid for itself!!!!!! I have a cover that my Brother made too so it is all protected & apart from dust & a little rub mark from the "Knuckle cover" is spotless no scratches.
cheers
Lee

Hey guys. Just got a few questions regarding the batteries before i head out again.
Am i better off letting the battery run flat before charging to help the batteries life in the long run?
For best performace should I change the batteries when they get down to 50% ?
Non rechargeable Alkaline Batteries have 1.5V when a rechargeable has 1.2v, do none rechargeable batteries make the detector perform better?
Sorry for all the questions. I have been looking online for a manual for the Enecharger and powerizer batteries supplied with the detector for some clues but no luck.
Thanks in advance
Greg

Latest posts