Minelab SDC2300 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metamorphic said:
Yep....10 years + of target handfuls week in, week out is where it comes from..... gives you the dark side powers to an extent i guess!

Dont get me wrong, its a sterling idea except for one thing. One very big important thing!

After you have panned the contents of your bucket back at home and find gold......can you tell me accurately the exact spot it came from???

Does anyone agree this may be a critical element in helping you to find more??

If you dont, then yes, your a lunchtime detectorist and best of luck to you!

;)

Arrrrr, DARTH METAMORPHIC, may the force Be with you JEDI Master,

I hate small talk too but 52 pieces, wow.....would love to see a .jpg of those babies Doc!

A scale weight total would be cool also.

Nice work ;)

Drbean said:
Last Saturday to Monday I bagged 52 peices yes I call it the mop that is what it mainly was designed to do .If there's a peice of gold as big as a football then it will pick it up ! Ok let me make it simple I always hate small talk .If it picks up small gold then the bigger the gold gets the easier it is to see to the detector .be happy with the small peices if your not on a virgin then your flogging old ground.ok I see the funny side of that after being married for 15 years!
Send your pics to Mrs dwt mate, I can upload them for you if want, I can't do them from my phone, it had a brain fart a week ago so all of da pics you sent me are now gone 8.(
That's only if you want them posted :)

Down here where the scrub is usually hell, the small coil is much easier to use. I like the backpack-portable aspect and that I can pack camping gear and food for 3-4 days, plus the SDC into my backpack.

Thats a nice offer dwt, I hope he agree's to share so we are all able to learn more, myself included.

Naturally we dont expect the location given away, but im always interested in things such as were they all from one patch or dispersed over a wider area?
Down in the gullies or on the slopes, near old diggings or virgin territory, weights and size, shape and color, technique used etc etc.

All this helps with education and is way more valuable to myself than just stating the detector used.....helps us to become wiser and better at what we do if we can learn from others!
Only if they are willing ofcourse.

Cheers ;)

It's a bit hard to get a hold of the Dr every now and then mate, I can undoubtedly vouch for his finds, he literally walks 5min to an old gold field to run his SDC & or his 2100, he's probarbly not talking to me at he moment coz I've had his sluice sitting here for the last 4 weeks waiting for some mods, hahaaa, :lol: wooooops!!! :|
I do try to remind him from now and then to work on his delivery's :lol:
All good mate, you'll get to meet him one day, gotta organise a 'get together' with varying weapons of mass collection ;)

Hi ppl reading some posts about finding small gold, i have found after using most of Minelabs detectors (i am now running a 5000 ) that it has found the smallest gold possible , while still able to go fairly deep on larger nuggets, so if looking for gold i reccomend you get the best machine available for the job and not to mess around with cheaper machines , ok you will find gold with them, but you will miss lots
Davext Ps all manufacturers tend to bullshit about there machines ,i remember when they brought out the SD models with the photos of it going twice the depth of normal detectors having ordered 1 i waited 1 month for it as everyone wanted 1 anyway when it came i was straight out to test and was very dissapointed there was no way it performed like the advert , anyway i sold it fairly quickly (bought a small bulldozer and got the depth i was looking for ) i was in Adelaide later that year and called into Minelabs shop and hanging up on their wall was the sd detector and i said could you give me a bench test /air test/ or ground test to show me the depth they were advertising the machine could perform he replied it was not possible ect due to this /that i did mention that if a car manufacturer said their vehicle could travel x amount of MPH they would be able to show me ,to cut a long story short ,while this discussion had been going on a white coated tech guy had been coming in /out from the back room , and when i was leaving he called over and said to me you are right the SD does not go as deep as advertised it is just quieter in hot ground so can now operate in areas other machines run amuck

dwt said:
It's a bit hard to get a hold of the Dr every now and then mate, I can undoubtedly vouch for his finds, he literally walks 5min to an old gold field to run his SDC & or his 2100, he's probarbly not talking to me at he moment coz I've had his sluice sitting here for the last 4 weeks waiting for some mods, hahaaa, :lol: wooooops!!! :|
I do try to remind him from now and then to work on his delivery's :lol:
All good mate, you'll get to meet him one day, gotta organise a 'get together' with varying weapons of mass collection ;)

Hehe no worries mate, your word is all i need.....all good brother!

That sounds like a bloody good plan, would be awesome mate.

I best leave BN at home then. :lol:

Cheers :cool:

The Dr's pieces, nice work Doc ;)

1432377129_image.jpg

On the diggings fellas especially around edges going down into the holes .Most of the gold is spikey and at least 50 % in quarts .I tune my machine with coil on ground and balance fairly often .I know they have tracking but find it can get a bit unbalanced when laying on ground whilst filtering through for targets .I started out using a booster but for some reason it makes the machine unstable at times .I now use headphones but not the crap Koss ones they suck big donkey ears! The ground I choose well I think it's colour of the soil and bugger all growing on it tells me alot .DWT gave me a book called history of gold discovery in Victoria so homework also important.
Oh and the first shot was more than the 52 but I had already thrown them in .Second photo was 40 minutes today with the old bucket as I had shite to do at home .

Great work Doc, a top machine with good technique in the right researched area.....cant beat that!

Love the red iron oxidized stained quartz speccie's in the top pic.

Thanks for sharing mate.

Tilt my hat :cool:

Ok one last comment switch to mo 5 and leave it there ! Forget the noise chattering and tune more frequently if your not running on 5 your missing gold .I call it white noise like in the old days when the TV stopped bombing us with ab toners and crap .it went silent and fuzzy white .forget the white noise this machine will always rise above that and give you a signal .I revisited a old patch that I went over on setting 2 and 3 in no 5 and pulled 2 grams .If you don't run on no 5 you are missing gold .I always run my sd2100 hot and by that I mean with threshold just cutting in and I mean just it's noisy but deadly sensitive .I guess that's why no 5 setting on sdc dosnt bother me I'm used to white noise .my dislike of sdc that stupid bloody arm strap put a peice of pvc pipe there and gaffa tape it on cut a slot so it is flexible can't felt the sucker up but much more comfortable to use .good hunting dudes keep the gold fever to a minimum and patience to the maximum and ears sensitive ?

Hey Drbean

Mate how right you are, you need to run it hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is where those of us that still use an SD model PI have the edge as we are used to the noise!!!!
And the arm cuff man what a "Piece Of Crap" it looks like it was made in a "Toy Store" but shhhsh we are not supposed to talk about it :8
This is my solution, I did not even take it out in the bush before I did this Mod!!!!!!!!

cheers
Lee

rc62burke said:
Hey Drbean

Mate how right you are, you need to run it hot !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think that is where those of us that still use an SD model PI have the edge as we are used to the noise!!!!
And the arm cuff man what a "Piece Of Crap" it looks like it was made in a "Toy Store" but shhhsh we are not supposed to talk about it :8
This is my solution, I did not even take it out in the bush before I did this Mod!!!!!!!!
http://i860.photobucket.com/albums/ab166/rc62burke/DSCF3610_zps4e56baa6.jpg

cheers
Lee

For mine i just got a cover that has side straps to hold the flappy things open and i just leave the arm strap off
looks good but works ok.
cant seem to find the link for tje one i got off ebay though :/

1432775645_img_3246.jpg

This arm tube works for me rc62, but yours looks more professional. Mine just sits there with straps tightened around it and held in place with a cable tie.

Latest posts