Minelab GPZ7000 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Currently there is no price released but Minelab has advised there will be a special promotional price available for those who bought a GPZ 7000 new prior to March 2016.
Main Features Include:

Deeper detection (average 30%*)
More ground coverage
Less ground noise
Waterproof (to 1m/3ft^)
Super-D coil technology
Email from miners den Marty

Lol special promotional price for those that paid full price for the GPZ.

Then a few months later the coil will drop in price for everyone else.
Don't fall for the minelab thinks you're special trick.

Starting to understand how those girls feel when the guy takes them out tells them sweet things to get them in bed.... And then discovers he does that to every girl.

Sorry for rant I'm still a bit dirty on minelab for dropping the GPZ price so soon after I paid full price.

LC76 said:
Lol special promotional price for those that paid full price for the GPZ.

Then a few months later the coil will drop in price for everyone else.
Don't fall for the minelab thinks you're special trick.

Starting to understand how those girls feel when the guy takes them out tells them sweet things to get them in bed.... And then discovers he does that to every girl.

Sorry for rant I'm still a bit dirty on minelab for dropping the GPZ price so soon after I paid full price.

Know exactly how you feel. I am going to wait and see what the deal is. If its crap then I am going to start a Facebook page and see if I can get enough of the original owners on board to try to get a better deal. These companies do not like bad social media publicity.

a snip from the announcement.

1471320157_capture.jpg

Ridge Runner said:
Redfin said:

So add that 30% to the 40% So that makes it 70% deeper than a GPX, what a load of ????,

Who's their script writer Col Elliot, Lol

I have seen a Video about that 40% and there is one too many Zero's,

It is extremely sensitive for such a machine but they are just assuming those figures with maths,

The most a person could expect is about 10 to 15% on a target the size of a coin.

John.

Numbers mean nothing, plenty of gold coming out of the ground with the Z and even more will with the 19 inch coil on the Z.

goldwright said:
Ridge Runner said:
Redfin said:

So add that 30% to the 40% So that makes it 70% deeper than a GPX, what a load of ????,

It is extremely sensitive for such a machine but they are just assuming those figures with maths,

The most a person could expect is about 10 to 15% on a target the size of a coin.

John.

Numbers mean nothing, plenty of gold coming out of the ground with the Z and even more will with the 19 inch coil on the Z.

No doubt about it, It Loves Gold, I think the most impressive part is how small the Gold is that it see's, It is a very clever machine.

John.

I'm hearing ya John. I might even start at 4,5;00 am in the summer months but look at the bright side its going to keep us fit, no need to join up with a gym :| we will be looking like Arnie after a few weeks haha

Ridge Runner said:
Redfin said:

John.
Who's writing your script? Rodney Rude :lol:
Nowhere has it ever been said a guaranteed 40% more than a GPX. It says "UP TO" & some users will tell you that it can vary widely, depending on a wide variety of factors, from much less than 40% (or the GPX is even superior) to performance that far exceeds 40%.
In any advertising I've seen for the GPZ19 the 30% figure is used to describe potential depth increases over the GPZ14 coil depending on prevailing conditions. Nowhere does it say you will magically get a guaranteed 70% increase in performance over a GPX?
The comparison charts Minelab put out re: GPX v GPZ (GPZ14) clearly show the wide variety of results & that the GPX can indeed get very close or better on some targets but not so much on others. Some users concur with results & others disagree so there's a fair amount of operator input into what individual people see as well. There is no claimed or definitive 40% but rather an average over multiple target testing. Logical people can see that & understand the "UP TO 40%" wording or advertising line for what it is.
The 30% isn't that unbelievable or staggering for a 14" v 19" coil IMO. i.e. if a 14" sees something at 10" it would not floor me to be told a 19" could see the same in situ target at 13".
You should know after the MX-Sport debacle that YouTube vids aren't a reliable source of true performance capabilities John? :p

As for swinging it I see no issue. My GPZ14 is as light as a feather (with the right set-up/gear ;) ) The GPZ19 is being touted to be around the same weight as the 14 so I see no issues there.

Ridge Runner said:
Just enough time for Detech to pull their finger out and build a 20" for the 5K, Lol

John.

Why, Nugget Finder already have a 20" and 25" and Coiltek have a 22" and how many do you see out there swinging them? :cool:

PhaseTech said:
Ridge Runner said:
Just enough time for Detech to pull their finger out and build a 20" for the 5K, Lol

John.

Why, Nugget Finder already have a 20" and 25" and Coiltek have a 22" and how many do you see out there swinging them? :cool:

I was watching your 5 or 6 Coil shootout and that was impressive, It certainly cleared up most of the things that come to mind, But it just goes to show how tough coil selection is because what you gained with one coil another took away and vice versa.

But I am still going to watch it again just to make sure I get the right one,.

John.

John, seeing the Zed in action on previously flogged ground is an eye opener to say the least. One little area of a patch I saw Mbasko pull a 0.7 nug out of has had GPX 5000's with different coils, SDC's over it numerous times, nuggets were found in the say 3x3 area by another member here (Syndyne) who suggested that Matt put the ZED over it to see if anything was left, sure enough out popped the nug from about 1 foot depth, none of the other detectors registered anything was there. This is quite heavilly mineralised ground and it was just no effort for the Zed to pick it up.

Believe whatever you like but the Zed rocks, and with the bigger coil it is going to do some serious cleaning up on the goldfields when released.

Of course RR doesn`t own a Z, if he did he`d know Minelabs claims are on the money and he would not make such ridiculous claims. RR your claims are fake not Minelabs, and any successful Z owner knows this but do persist in your "myth busting", was entertaining but is getting somewhat boring, what is your aim, to be chased off another forum?

Ridge Runner,

I have personally found some porous type nuggets that the ZED will see at 6 inches in air testing, but the best I could get with a GPX was 2 inches ! That is 3 times the depth, much more than Minelab have ever claimed.

Another porous nugget the ZED could air test at 2 inches, and the GPX even with a Sadie coil had to be rubbed on the nugget to get even a murmur, no matter what settings I used !

I have at least 500 hours under my belt with the ZED in real goldfield conditions, and can tell you that the machine rocks on numerous types of gold. The only gold that I have found it to have little advantage on is solid blob type nuggets.

Anything with a bit of ironstone / quartz through it, or porous or crystalline, or nuggets standing on edge, the ZED will smash the GPX. :)

Rick

Latest posts