Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's the USB port

1625271873_screenshot_2021-07-03-09-53-45-87.jpg

Anyone know where one is available?

Asking the question based on waiting lists and supply lag that was happening, not sure if its resolved.

If its still no stock might grab an SDC while waiting.

Any leads appreciated.

Of course there will be knockers Pete. But it was an unbiased assessment & as equal a test as you can get. All 3 detectors performed well and would be worthy of choice. Just depends what you are looking for.

I thought it shows each of the detectors abilities & differentials in terms of sounds on each target. From there, people can make up their own minds. It was a decent span of nugget sizes to draw some conclusion. Of course, ground types in the field will vary but it's a decent comparison.

Each to their own as the saying goes.

I notice the "nugget" table in the video says "All targets are nugget shaped lead"

This is probably a dumb newbie question:

Will the performance of each of the detectors involved be the same for "nugget shaped gold"?

Asking 'cause I see that the conductivity and resistivity of lead and gold are quite different....not sure if this matters.

Geehi said:
I notice the "nugget" table in the video says "All targets are nugget shaped lead"
This is probably a dumb newbie question:
Will the performance of each of the detectors involved be the same for "nugget shaped gold"?
Asking 'cause I see that the conductivity and resistivity of lead and gold are quite different....not sure if this matters.

Any numbers you may have seen quoted for the conductivity/resistivity of gold are pretty much irrelevant to natural nuggets, which can be anywhere from 40% to 98% pure, being naturally alloyed with silver, copper and possibly other minor metals. As a general rule, detected buried lead (usually from bullets and shotgun pellets), gives a similar signal to a nugget of the same size and shape.

The problem with using lead for testing is that it doesn't quite recreate the differences in gold you get in nature. Natural gold nuggets can give you a stronger signal than lead but also a lot lot weaker when it comes to specimens and reef gold.

So lead will not show off the capabilities of units like the SDC, GPZ and gpx6000 which all do well on these hard to see targets. If I look at the gold I've picked up in the last few years, I could probably count on one hand how many bits were lumpy water worn type nuggets. But every spot is different.

Still any test gives you some data, you just have to see how the results may relate to the real world.

OldGT said:

Asking the question based on waiting lists and supply lag that was happening, not sure if its resolved.

Any leads appreciated.

I've got a couple in stock if you're still chasing one.

PhaseTech said:
OldGT said:

Any leads appreciated.

I've got a couple in stock if you're still chasing one.

Do you have an update on when the 17" coil will be available?

Latest posts