Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
Had a muck around with a 6k this afternoon.
Spent about half an hour going over a patch I've got over 100 nuggets from.
Got 6 more.
This thing is amazing. I found 2 little nuggets, about the same average size I usually get, in an area that I have been over dozens of times with the zed and nugget finder 12". The signals were so clear and sharp I felt I couldn't have missed them with the zed, but I did.
Another spot I got the last 4 from was a tight area a mate had been over with his sdc, and he got 48 little nuggets and speccies. The 4 I got were on the edges of his digs. The area is about the size of a king size bed!
All in all, I loved it......I want one as a patch finder and patch cleaner.

Thats awesome mate sounds like its working a charm, what settings you running?

Auto ? Or manual and what number
Normal or difficult
Threshold no threshold?

Only if you dont mind sharing.

Cheers mike

Only had a chance to swing it for 1/2 an hour Orson, did try with and without threshold, liked both. Sensitivity was set fairly high, and ground was difficult.
Sun was going down, which made Emi pretty bad, did a noise cancel which worked pretty well.

davent said:
Only had a chance to swing it for 1/2 an hour Orson, did try with and without threshold, liked both. Sensitivity was set fairly high, and ground was difficult.
Sun was going down, which made Emi pretty bad, did a noise cancel which worked pretty well.

Go on Dave. You know you want one. :cool:

I wish I hadn't sold my sdc2300. It used to perform nicely in heavily mineralised soil. I took out the 6000 and my son took out the 5000 today (Tue. 29th june 2021) and we went prospecting around Talbot in heavily mineralised soil and BOTH detectors were USELESS. I was using the 11 inch coil. Next time I'll use the DD 14 inch coil, and if that doesn't fix the problem I think I'll sell the 6000.

Graybeard said:
I wish I hadn't sold my sdc2300. It used to perform nicely in heavily mineralised soil. I took out the 6000 and my son took out the 5000 today (Tue. 29th june 2021) and we went prospecting around Talbot in heavily mineralised soil and BOTH detectors were USELESS. I was using the 11 inch coil. Next time I'll use the DD 14 inch coil, and if that doesn't fix the problem I think I'll sell the 6000.

The double D is great on really minerslised ground.

Remember that you can noise cancel for minerslised (salty) ground as well as emi, with the 6k, when using the DD coil.

Also the ground balance procedure with the DD is a bit different from memory, may have to revisit the manual myself :D
:Y:

Thanks fellas, our club is going prospecting near Daylesford this Sunday and one of the members has a 6000 and he has told me that I can control the false noise levels. In case I don't understand what to do, he will show me. Thank christ for prospecting clubs. :)

Latest posts