Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
davent said:
yeah baby! Still a bit of processing, but im sure it will be happy processing!

There's a bit more then that dave but the table was full,it's nice when ya hit it that's for sure,i'm over the dolly pot to,small armstrong crusher is on its way :D
GemQ i heard a sly rumour yesty the 17's might start rolling in late next month,here's hoping...

Goldchaser1 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7944_01b3917a-c0d7-42e2-91b4-b196edb760b7.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7944_0e431529-1b98-40bb-b0c9-5e3b00cf395b.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7945_09716a8b-a594-47d3-9e85-51c871a868d2.jpg

Well the 6 and the 7 did some damage on this spot.
Just back after 4-5 weeks out pretty remote,i have to pass on what we seen running the 2 detectors side by because it was a bit surprising.
Ive got no idea on the no's of small reefy bits and specimens found but it's 500 plus easily,the main guts of the patch was only 10mtrs x10 i'd say with a nice glory hole at the top.
None of the gold was past the 1 foot mark except the glory hole.That was a jackhammer job.
We were both gob smacked at the performance of the 6 on this spot,the thing is red hot on specimens,now my wife is a die hard 7 user and very good with it,she uses zxpro headphones and the 14 on it usually,there was no room on this spot for 2 machines but we did find a few bits out on the fringes and a 2oz patch 1klm south so we compared a lot of targets when running both detectors.
Every single bit we compared the 6 had a much stronger signal then the 7,and one eye opener was a 2gr specy 30ft north of the spot,both detectors were going and i got a very faint signal with 6 and called her over,the 7 with the 14 on it really couldn't hear it,close but no cigar,we were both a bit a surprised and the boss said we should of filmed that,about 12-14" it came out,she ended up putting the nf12 on the 7 and it bridged the gap but on this spot and this reefy specy gold the 6 almost embarrassed the 7,if i wasn't using the 6 she would grab it b4 the 7 as the weeks rolled on.
If there was bigger deeper gold here i have no doubt the 7 would start to pull away from the 6 with the 11 on it,when the 17 arrives i'm not so sure.
It was a real eye opener how the 6 performed on this spot,we'll have 2 in our arsenal soon,we may just use the 7 for cleaning up deeper spots with a big x coil on it or along them lines.
To be honest i thought the 6 would be more or less an updated gpx5 lightened up and would maybe run a bit smoother over bad ground,it's nothing like it,she's chirpy a bit temperamental at times but once ya used to it shite they perform...

Geez Gc1,
you're gotta be jesting, right? :p You gotta tell everyone how crap the 6000 is and everything was found with the 7000.
So, I'll just say it here now. The 6000 is crap so no one else go and buy it. Just stick to what you are currently using. Leave all that lead shot for the people with the 6000.
Do not waste your hard earned dollars on a mediocre machine. I'll clean up all the leftover shot for you all. ;)

Incredible haul, Goldchaser1, congratulations!! I myself enjoy the 6000/11, albeit performance wise I find my 7/NF coming pretty close in general. But the 6000 is so much easier to use, it is pure pleasure. Here a few small pickers that I found on the weekend. Nothing compared to your load of course, but this is the kind of small stuff that the 6000 consistently finds. My 17 is in the mail, should get it by the end of the week.
1627441068_hunting_trip_07-25.jpg

Solid Luck said:
Goldchaser1 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7944_01b3917a-c0d7-42e2-91b4-b196edb760b7.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7944_0e431529-1b98-40bb-b0c9-5e3b00cf395b.jpg
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7945_09716a8b-a594-47d3-9e85-51c871a868d2.jpg

Just back after 4-5 weeks out pretty remote,i have to pass on what we seen running the 2 detectors side by because it was a bit surprising.
Ive got no idea on the no's of small reefy bits and specimens found but it's 500 plus easily,the main guts of the patch was only 10mtrs x10 i'd say with a nice glory hole at the top.
None of the gold was past the 1 foot mark except the glory hole.That was a jackhammer job.
We were both gob smacked at the performance of the 6 on this spot,the thing is red hot on specimens,now my wife is a die hard 7 user and very good with it,she uses zxpro headphones and the 14 on it usually,there was no room on this spot for 2 machines but we did find a few bits out on the fringes and a 2oz patch 1klm south so we compared a lot of targets when running both detectors.
Every single bit we compared the 6 had a much stronger signal then the 7,and one eye opener was a 2gr specy 30ft north of the spot,both detectors were going and i got a very faint signal with 6 and called her over,the 7 with the 14 on it really couldn't hear it,close but no cigar,we were both a bit a surprised and the boss said we should of filmed that,about 12-14" it came out,she ended up putting the nf12 on the 7 and it bridged the gap but on this spot and this reefy specy gold the 6 almost embarrassed the 7,if i wasn't using the 6 she would grab it b4 the 7 as the weeks rolled on.
If there was bigger deeper gold here i have no doubt the 7 would start to pull away from the 6 with the 11 on it,when the 17 arrives i'm not so sure.
It was a real eye opener how the 6 performed on this spot,we'll have 2 in our arsenal soon,we may just use the 7 for cleaning up deeper spots with a big x coil on it or along them lines.
To be honest i thought the 6 would be more or less an updated gpx5 lightened up and would maybe run a bit smoother over bad ground,it's nothing like it,she's chirpy a bit temperamental at times but once ya used to it shite they perform...

Geez Gc1,
you're gotta be jesting, right? :p You gotta tell everyone how crap the 6000 is and everything was found with the 7000.
So, I'll just say it here now. The 6000 is crap so no one else go and buy it. Just stick to what you are currently using. Leave all that lead shot for the people with the 6000.
Do not waste your hard earned dollars on a mediocre machine. I'll clean up all the leftover shot for you all. ;)

Ah yeah sorry for the confusion SL i forgot to take my tablets this morning,feeling better now and that was a load of BS,there rubbish,i'm goin back to my 45 :(

Gold Catcher said:
Incredible haul, Goldchaser1, congratulations!! I myself enjoy the 6000/11, albeit performance wise I find my 7/NF coming pretty close in general. But the 6000 is so much easier to use, it is pure pleasure. Here a few small pickers that I found on the weekend. Nothing compared to your load of course, but this is the kind of small stuff that the 6000 consistently finds. My 17 is in the mail, should get it by the end of the week.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/21392/1627441068_hunting_trip_07-25.jpg

Thanks GC and i couldn't agree more the ease of use and weight is a big benefit to,yep the nf12 gets close but still hasn't got that crisp signal the 6 delivers,and as i said all that lot was only down to a foot but reality is in wa most of our gold is not at large depths.
The only thing i think it's missing and on a rich patch ya notice it where bits are on top of each other is fixed ground balance,it's still manageable but fixed would be easier...
let us know how the 17 goes,very interested

Gold Catcher said:

Hi Gold Catcher.

I see you mention the 17 coil is in the mail - nice. I would be happy if it comes out here in the next few weeks here. Would tie in with some plans.

Unrelated but only a short distraction from the topic. I cannot get onto DP forum at all now on any device. Have you had any luck?

Goldchaser - great going with the gold, really impressive :Y:

Yep, that's what I am getting now GS. About 2 weeks ago it started to play up and would sometimes let you in, sometimes not. Now it's busted. Steve H is away in Alaska for a bit and the chap looking after it only has minimal administrator rights so can't update anything.

Might be a long wait for a fix unfortunately.

But back on subject - I'll post some pics from a little 1 hr jaunt in what could only be described as bloody cold conditions a little while ago. Local to Myrt/Beechworth region. Off an old mine diggings on the side of a hill. This is stuff a GPZ, SDC, Gold Monster and Nox have missed. Same as what Goldchaser said about the 6000 - it has such a definite signal response. And in Difficult it is handling red, wet clay crap really well. Stuff that the GPZ does not like so much. I think the Nox and Monster missed these bits due to the depth of them. Used the Nox when bashing them up and it heard them fine when close to the coil.

Yes, yes, it is tiny shite! Take the dog for a run, swing the GPX6, find some gold, come home happy :cool:

Before:

1627471296_before.jpg

After:

1627471327_after.jpg

Northeast said:
Yep, that's what I am getting now GS. About 2 weeks ago it started to play up and would sometimes let you in, sometimes not. Now it's busted. Steve H is away in Alaska for a bit and the chap looking after it only has minimal administrator rights so can't update anything.

But back on subject - I'll post some pics from a little 1 hr jaunt in what could only be described as bloody cold conditions a little while ago. Local to Myrt/Beechworth region. Off an old mine diggings on the side of a hill. This is stuff a GPZ, SDC, Gold Monster and Nox have missed. Same as what Goldchaser said about the 6000 - it has such a definite signal response. And in Difficult it is handling red, wet clay crap really well. Stuff that the GPZ does not like so much. I think the Nox and Monster missed these bits due to the depth of them. Used the Nox when bashing them up and it heard them fine when close to the coil.

Yes, yes, it is tiny shite! Take the dog for a run, swing the GPX6, find some gold, come home happy :cool:

Before:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8209/1627471296_before.jpg

After:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8209/1627471327_after.jpg

Nice going NE,we would of had similar results if the old timers had made to the area we were in.
Why is it so good on specis and reef type gold?
Towards the end of cleaning that area up we were talking about it one night,i'm pretty sure it was the day that the 6 just edged the 7 out on the 2gr bit,the boss said well that was an eye opener,maybe the nf coil on the 7 would of made the diff i'm not sure,i won't be surprised when the 17 is out and about that on the odd occasion you'll see some nice big specis come out from good depths,it was very surprising to see it pull a bit the 7 couldn't hear,we don't have an xcoil but i've seen the 17cc over a bit i got with 6 and that's a different story,very impressive...

Northeast said:
Gold Catcher said:

Hi Gold Catcher.

I see you mention the 17 coil is in the mail - nice. I would be happy if it comes out here in the next few weeks here. Would tie in with some plans.

Unrelated but only a short distraction from the topic. I cannot get onto DP forum at all now on any device. Have you had any luck?

Goldchaser - great going with the gold, really impressive :Y:

Hi Northeast, good to see you here! Yeah, the ML supply plan is confusing. The US was the last to get the 6000, but now the 17 appears to show up here before in the motherland. Odd! DP is completely down since several days, nobody can log in. Steve is in Alaska, so I hope when he gets back the site will be fixed. I hope the site was not hacked by mother Russia, there weren't too many X-coil enthusiasts left on the forum. JK of course! :playful:

Northeast said:

Before:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8209/1627471296_before.jpg

After:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/8209/1627471327_after.jpg

Wow Northeast, beautiful specis. After yours and Goldchaser's pics I feel embarrassed to have posted the little stuff I found...Oh well, The US is just not Au 8.(

Goldchaser1 - have no idea why it is so good on speccies but it really does compete with the VLF's in that regard - but with greater depth/mineralisation handling. I'm hoping it can pick up both the smaller pieces and the speccies that my B-I-L's GPZ might be missing on a patch that is hopefully getting visited soon. COVID restrictions pending.

Gold Catcher - I called a detector shop here today and they've heard nothing about the 17" - the boss there says hopefully by Christmas!! :eek:

JP told me 2 weeks ago that he had no clues as to a possible date.

It sure is strange that it is now in Africa and the US but not here. Wouldn't be surprised if they just 'pop up' next week (here's hoping anyway :D )

Cheers :Y:

What an absolute load of crap... for a genuine, non-biased test of the 6000 in real goldfields check out Jenko's Gold on YouTube.

Solid Luck said:
Goldchaser1 said:

Geez Gc1,
So, what you're really saying is 'hope everyone buys a 6000 and spends all day digging birdshot 4" down while I'm getting the big, deep nugs that they leave behind ' !!!!!!

Latest posts