Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mbasko said:
Only used the 11" mono so far.
I've had no need for the DD as yet but do have some spots in mind for it.
I'm waiting (im)patiently for the 17x13 mono :Y:
Sounds like its weeks rather than months away. Cant wait to see it on the ground.

diggit said:
For those of you out and about swinging the GPX6000, which coil is your go to coil?

The 11 inch Mono?

OR

The 14 inch Double D?

:Y:
Only used the mono. Love it.
Working very well in the areas I have tried it in so far...

diggit said:
For those of you out and about swinging the GPX6000, which coil is your go to coil?

The 11 inch Mono?

OR

The 14 inch Double D?

Sitting at home the oday waiting for the rain to clear and couldn't help myself ,fits the stem well,anybody got a wiring diagram? :D
GemQ,is that a reliable source? re the 17"?
We've got 2 months off work come mid june and the 17 and a spare battery is high on my agenda before then...
1620973685_7d0eb72a-529b-44ca-89fb-32941674e5cf.jpg

Goldchaser1 said:
diggit said:

The 11 inch Mono?

OR

The 14 inch Double D?

Sitting at home the oday waiting for the rain to clear and couldn't help myself ,fits the stem well,anybody got a wiring diagram? :D
We've got 2 months off work come mid june and the 17 and a spare battery is high on my agenda before then...
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3685_7d0eb72a-529b-44ca-89fb-32941674e5cf.jpg

Does the battery not last all day?

Moneybox said:
Goldchaser1 said:
diggit said:

The 11 inch Mono?

OR

The 14 inch Double D?

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...3685_7d0eb72a-529b-44ca-89fb-32941674e5cf.jpg

Does the battery not last all day?

Probably depends on your overnight charging capacity or having to rely on daytime charging hence the need for two batteries.

Cheers

Doug

Goldchaser1 said:
diggit said:

The 11 inch Mono?

OR

The 14 inch Double D?

I heard somebody has already sourced a spare battery. Source was a dealer.

The big question for me still is if the machine to coil connection requires/has a micro chip. I havent been able to find a definate answer anywhere. Does anyone know for sure out there (nenad or JP maybee)?
surely one of the testers would know or could at least find out easily enough. I mainly want to know if smaller coils will ever be available on the 6000 (wether genuine minelab or aftermarket doesnt bother me much). Maybee a nice current owner could open theirs up to have a look? :lol:

GemQ said:
mbasko said:
Only used the 11" mono so far.
I've had no need for the DD as yet but do have some spots in mind for it.
I'm waiting (im)patiently for the 17x13 mono :Y:
Sounds like its weeks rather than months away. Cant wait to see it on the ground.

Same old Minelab....all speculation, it's like they get pleasure out of watching us suffer with rumors and lack of firm information. They do make GREAT detectors though :lol:

Just a question for those 6000 guys out there.

1621465969_wireless_headphones.jpg

I charged the wireless headphones using the supplied micro USB cable. When the cable is connected the Red LED is illuminated. When charging is complete there should be no lights on but mine goes to the blue LED when charged.

Do other's have the same?

1621467416_6000_battery.jpg

The battery only accepts a 1.0A charge so it's a very slow battery to recharge.

Moneybox said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1621465969_wireless_headphones.jpg

I charged the wireless headphones using the supplied micro USB cable. When the cable is connected the Red LED is illuminated. When charging is complete there should be no lights on but mine goes to the blue LED when charged.

Hey Phil, if it's like other Minelab accessories they normally show red when low and blue when charged.

Cheers

Doug

Rockhunter62 said:
Moneybox said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/3960/1621465969_wireless_headphones.jpg

Hey Phil, if it's like other Minelab accessories they normally show red when low and blue when charged.

Cheers

Doug

Yes Doug but the book clearly says "Charging complete (OFF)

Latest posts