Minelab GPX6000 release, general information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Go to the where to buy and do a Dealer search :)

If you know the dealer = all good.

If you use your post code, then if no dealer in that post code = NO dealers ???

1617274556_capture.search.dealer.jpg

Finally some footage of it in action! Sensitivity looks impressive. Still lots of set-up controls to learn. Nice design, though flimsy looking shaft. Yes, another ML winner, though not nearly enough to sway me from the GPZ I think it will be a good seller except for the price being to close to the 7000. I do like it, though I'm glad we own GPZ's.

No usb port that I can see anyway... So no software updates needed??
Maybe via bluetooth?

1617350289_d53d4503-d75d-4df5-9b1e-17a9854ec09f.jpg

Had a look at the weekend here in WA.
Current After Market Coils are not compatible.....
Different plug..
The 11 coil is not the old Commander but a very lightweight hollow coil with flat skid plate..
Blue Tooth headphones, speaker built in the end...
Very Lightweight...

Standard 11 mono and 14 DD..

17 mono optional extra... but still reasonably lightweight...

davent said:
Catching sardines will lead you to catching salmon.
If you were covering ground, no signals and no gold, you just keep walking. If you find a small bit, then another, you then know there is gold where you are, you slow down and start detecting properly. The 6K will be a patch finder for sure.
It will detect good pieces at depth.
I saw a video that a tester made. He found 11 very small bits, 7!which the zed did not see. They put some time in, the zed got a good signal, and the 6K also got it. With the 11 mono v the 15 zed coil. It was a 7 gram bit. The zed got a better response. The point is, if the 6 K didnt get the 1st small bit, then none of the other bits would have been recovered. This video I saw was the 1st and only time this tester used it, so he was using it at a very basic level.

Wise words,this going to be the ultimate patch finder in new country.People need to see the the bigger picture.
Tunnel vision, concentrating on only one aspect is rife on the subject of the X6. :pickshovel:

The coil cable really comes out of a unique spot on the side of the coil on the 14" DD coil. That suckers going to get hooked up a lot but I guess most will use the 11" and have to buy the 17" to cover some ground. You can just tell by looking at it that it's very light.

Qlden said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...0289_d53d4503-d75d-4df5-9b1e-17a9854ec09f.jpg

Different plug..
The 11 coil is not the old Commander but a very lightweight hollow coil with flat skid plate..
Very Lightweight...

Cool :)
Screenshot of base of DD from a Video posted in the USA.
1617353586_screenshot_at_2021-04-02_16-51-46.jpg

Obviously hollowed out somewhat....10 bucks for whoever is brave enough to take out the rest ;)
Forget the 6000 though, I want the truck!!!! :playful:

maldongold said:
davent said:
If you were covering ground, no signals and no gold, you just keep walking. If you find a small bit, then another, you then know there is gold where you are, you slow down and start detecting properly. The 6K will be a patch finder for sure.
I saw a video that a tester made. He found 11 very small bits, 7!which the zed did not see. They put some time in, the zed got a good signal, and the 6K also got it. With the 11 mono v the 15 zed coil. It was a 7 gram bit. The zed got a better response. The point is, if the 6 K didnt get the 1st small bit, then none of the other bits would have been recovered. This video I saw was the 1st and only time this tester used it, so he was using it at a very basic level.

Wise words,this going to be the ultimate patch finder in new country.People need to see the the bigger picture.
Tunnel vision, concentrating on only one aspect is rife on the subject of the X6. :pickshovel:

Having watched the new video today, I must say that my opinion has "improved" of the 6000. Plus - light weight, plus - nice sensitivity, plus - all in one design. "If" my body can no longer deal with the heavier 7000, the 6000 would be the next best thing.

kingswood said:
Qlden said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...0289_d53d4503-d75d-4df5-9b1e-17a9854ec09f.jpg

Different plug..
Very Lightweight...

Cool :)
Screenshot of base of DD from a Video posted in the USA.
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...7353586_screenshot_at_2021-04-02_16-51-46.jpg
Obviously hollowed out somewhat....10 bucks for whoever is brave enough to take out the rest ;)
Forget the 6000 though, I want the truck!!!! :playful:
Some thin lexen will be getting glued to that :Y:

G'day

I watched a video from the US on the Gpx6000, it looks to be a very light weight and user friendly detector, but reminded me a bit of a big gold monster with the same sort of easy to use and basic menu screen, it made me think of the reason the gold monster was developed and than was mainly for use in the African market and whether this machine has been developed more for that market than ours?, also that there was mention of the reason it comes with the dd coil as well and that was for use when emi is high, does that mean the machine is more susceptible to emi than a regular gpx machine?, so would that be a real issue for us here?, not bagging the machine as I have not used one yet just wondering is all?, a mates probably buying one so I will find out soon I guess. :perfect:

cheers

stayyerAU

A-team said:
maldongold said:
davent said:

Having watched the new video today, I must say that my opinion has "improved" of the 6000. Plus - light weight, plus - nice sensitivity, plus - all in one design. "If" my body can no longer deal with the heavier 7000, the 6000 would be the next best thing.

Got it in one,i'm not getting any younger and love patch finding.Have used a 7000 and a magnificent beast it is.
Sadly lugging it around 8 to 10 hours a day is not an option for me.I may purchase a 7 to clean out any patch found and use the 6
for the locating.

StayyerAU said:
G'day

does that mean the machine is more susceptible to emi than a regular gpx machine?, so would that be a real issue for us here?, not bagging the machine as I have not used one yet just wondering is all?, a mates probably buying one so I will find out soon I guess. :perfect:

cheers

stayyerAU

Hey StayyerAU. You pose a very good question. If a detector is picking up smaller and deeper targets, ground noise an EMI needs to be filtered out somehow. I guess only time will tell. My take is that with the extra sensitivity that the 6000 apparently has on smaller gold (even better than the SDC allegedly) and 5G and technology based interference only on the increase, DD coils might be the go to coils in the future.

Pretty sure you'll find the GPX6000 will be miles ahead of previous GPX series detectors in regards to EMI handling even with the mono coils attached.
The DD coil IMO will be for the worst case EMI scenarios (under/near powerlines, sperics etc.) & for worst case conductive ground scenarios (salt, wet high conductive ground etc.).
Most will likely rarely use it & sales of the 17" mono will be high here (as will anticipation of other mono coil sizes). That's my prediction.

orgone500 said:
StayyerAU said:
G'day

does that mean the machine is more susceptible to emi than a regular gpx machine?, so would that be a real issue for us here?, not bagging the machine as I have not used one yet just wondering is all?, a mates probably buying one so I will find out soon I guess. :perfect:

cheers

stayyerAU

Hey StayyerAU. You pose a very good question. If a detector is picking up smaller and deeper targets, ground noise an EMI needs to be filtered out somehow. I guess only time will tell. My take is that with the extra sensitivity that the 6000 apparently has on smaller gold (even better than the SDC allegedly) and 5G and technology based interference only on the increase, DD coils might be the go to coils in the future.

My thoughts exactly. Theres places the evo (even a 14x9) I had was just unusable, but the SDC was very stable. The signals in the last 5, and more noticable last 3 years have basically made stock and aftermarket monos very hard to use in certain spots where there was no problem before. Perceptive post, only time will tell if the 6 can prove itself.

Well guys, I won't be getting a 6000. Just bought Mbasko's 4500 to add to my 4500 / Evo's and ZED / X coils.

The 6000 just doesn't grab me enough to justify the the extra $5K for what is only going to be a spare detector.

If I didn't already have a ZED and X coils, I probably would have bought one.

If I want to do some patch hunting with a lighter machine, the 4500 coupled to my very nice 24x12 Evo will do just nicely ! The 6000 doesn't have a big 24 inch coil, does it ?

This will be the first time in 20 years that I haven't bought the new model !

Rick

Latest posts