Minelab GPX4500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Heat wave here in Adelaide...Heading out to Mt Crawford and have a look at the 5000 and 4500 side by side going to test it with a Satie,11 mono,14 coiltek camo,and the 15x12 ,which the 4500 comes standard with,will try and write every thing down...Cheers.

I forgot to mention. I picked up a .14 or a .16 with elite at a good 3-4 inches last weekend. I'm sure you'll be happy with the coil. The new 17x13 is an awesome coil as well. I'm sure timau and Keano can attest to that.

walshie1000 said:
Good point nugget buster. I assumed this was all good as he spoke of making sure he was in the right mode for each coil. Always a possibility though.
If your searching for car doors, running in cancel should be fine :p

I use cancel quite often with mono coils, every mode has a purpose, you just need to know when to use it.

Agreed. I use cancel occasionally for accurately pinpointing the larger objects which have all unfortunately been junk. However you can throw finding small gold out the window in cancel

Arrived at Mt Crawford and realised I left the sub grammars home../!:; went for a swing all looks good..no test

I will be getting the elite coil polky ;)
Just had a Vision of a bloke swinging an sdc on one Arm and a 45 on the other with a massive grin lol

Got little arms fellas, but 5 weeks off work. So yes big smile while
Swinging both machines but one at a time. Intend to do the Gladstone rocky area and may go to clermont for a week. Don't know the rocky area will just drive up and head bush. No matter what the smile will be there.

Took me a while but managed to assemble mine as well late this evening; I haven't fired it up yet as the thing would scream like a banshee with all the power lines and things out here.

Sunday will be the first time I get to hear the startup jingle myself; before I start fiddling with it and get a good rhythm going to hear and see what I can find and been walking over for a few years now. Some of it is flogged ground so not expecting gold straight away, but happy to finally have my turn at the hobby after a lot of hours reading about different detectors, coils and many a picture of the nice finds people have unearthed. Cleaning scrap metal on some private property will also be handy to avoid expensive repairs of a ride on mower, so I'm already having positive thoughts.

I'm starting off with the 15" x 12" Eliptical Mono as there is a delay on delivery of the 14" coiltek Elite coil; not complaining as I consider it a fair trade on the discount to wait my turn while reading good feedback of other owners of the same coil.

Thanks again to the previous contributors in this thread for your valuable input, especially the pics of inside the box while I waited for mine in the post, and I look forward to reading more.

:D :D :D :D

1440193747_image.jpg

I am so excited, and all I get to do is set it up and give it a few test runs for the broinlaw.

Heatho said:
Wally69 said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1440193747_image.jpg

I am so excited, and all I get to do is set it up and give it a few test runs for the broinlaw.

Running it in the city with a mono coil will be near impossible mate, just remember that so you don't think it's unstable or busted, if you want to try detecting with it in the city you may need to borrow my DD coil if it doesn't come with one.
Should have the 11" DD in da box. :cool:

mbasko said:
Heatho said:
Wally69 said:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/1916/1440193747_image.jpg

Running it in the city with a mono coil will be near impossible mate, just remember that so you don't think it's unstable or busted, if you want to try detecting with it in the city you may need to borrow my DD coil if it doesn't come with one.
Should have the 11" DD in da box. :cool:

Ahhh sweet. I misread it, thought it was 11 mono and 15x12 mono. Absolute bargain of a deal.

Heatho said:
Wally69 said:

I think I'll have to do another trip over the mountain when it arrives; very keen to give it a run. The EMI noise at home is incredible so I don't think I will even turn it on as it even makes my SDC intolerable.

Latest posts