Minelab GPX4500 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
they will be $3299 available form 17th aug to end of month, that it then they are gone. Great news for people who have been hunting around for a used 4500

Hey GD, do you reckon i could get by without purchasing multiple coils if i purchased one of these new machines? My intention is to just do the sides of the surfaced areas where the ground may be a little too deep for the SDC to locate.

absolutely they come with the 15''x12'' not sure if its a mono or dd but preferably a mono. I only recently sold my 11" mono and i got great depth and sensitivity with that.

I'm of the opinion pick a coil and learn how to use it in all conditions.

Thanks mate, i really don't want to go down the multiple coil path. I want to keep it pretty basic and i agree that it's probably better to pick and use one coil well to suit my needs than many coils and start second guessing myself. Thanks GD.

Probably wont be an option here, Aus always seems to get the arse when it comes to a good/fair deal

Mark day director e e day and sons

1438858414_screenshot_2015-08-06-20-51-40.jpg
1438858433_fb_img_1438774961943.jpg

Only $299 off a brand new machine with warranty???
Some GPX4500's would be pushing 8 years old, and GPX 4000 10 years.
I'm thinking way less than that.

Gold Diver said:
Only $299 off a brand new machine with warranty???
Some GPX4500's would be pushing 8 years old, and GPX 4000 10 years.
I'm thinking way less than that.

yes i would prefer new with 3 years warranty -

You will get a good range of aftermarket coils snd extras with a used 4500 vs a new one $3300 plus another $1000 coils $500 extra battery' hipsticks boosters you name it.

At the end of the day people who get right into it will want the extras. I sold my sd2000 for $2k it had $2k+of extras

An elite plus a 4500 with warranty for under $4k thought thats a pretty darn good deal. I really don't think resale is sn issue. Supply snd demand are never even in this hobby. There are slesyd people coming into it snd alot of detectors sitting in the cupboard

G0lddigg@ said:
An elite plus a 4500 with warranty for under $4k thought thats a pretty darn good deal. I really don't think resale is sn issue. Supply snd demand are never even in this hobby. There are slesyd people coming into it snd alot of detectors sitting in the cupboard

are you referring to NF 17x13? sounds like it would be sufficient :) for both small and big? edit: elite = coiltek - roger that

Do you think the early GP's will cop the most reductions?
If the 4500 drops to 2500ish, it will be south from there for the rest I would think.

It'll push all used prices down a bit in the short term, keeping in mind this is an introductory offer that will revert back to $4199 until the African excess is sold out. The used market will recover, always does. Maybe a little lower but once this is done & dusted a good used 4500 with a couple of coils & accessories like Golddigg@ mentioned will most likely still fetch up to $3.5k I reckon. You can get up to a GP3500 now for under $2k & even for a stacked used package under $2.5k. I don't think that end of the used market will drop considerably.
Some opposition dealers with machines around that price bracket I.e TDI & ATX might be a bit nervous for awhile?

Telling customers your prices are going to rise one month after release tells me this isn't runout stock.
This smells like a cash grab or market flooding to me.
If prices do go up after release, I'll have a good guess they'll be back on special around Christmas

Minelab's marketing is terrible.
They had a good profitable product, but priced themselves out of the market with their new product, now they have to rush backward.

i think you will find the african market was huge, the rush is drying up and the big companies are well and truly established which means detector sales drop out the ass.

Surely you dont think they need a cash grab after the 7000 :)

share price is still on the up and up and they have better products than anyone else in the world and we are seeing the longest gold price rush above $1000 per ounce ever. I think its just good management myself.

1438892533_codan.png

Gold Diver said:
Telling customers your prices are going to rise one month after release tells me this isn't runout stock.
This smells like a cash grab or market flooding to me.
If prices do go up after release, I'll have a good guess they'll be back on special around Christmas

Minelab's marketing is terrible.
They had a good profitable product, but priced themselves out of the market with their new product, now they have to rush backward.
If that were the case wouldn't they just drop the price on the GPX5000 to boost it's sales? No other viable reason to bring back the 4500 apart from getting rid of excess because the African market has slowed. If it's a huge success they may choose to keep it as a mid range option but from what I'm hearing once they're gone they're gone? Only Minelab would/will know for sure. My guess is, & it's only a guess, they are hoping the $3299 price tag sees them sell out quickly without a need for putting it up or running further "specials"? Marketing smoke & mirrors?
I really think people underestimate how many GPZ7000's have been sold. I'd like to see the figures but I think it must have & still be selling ok for a top end machine.

Latest posts