Minelab GPX 4500 information and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[Tathradj]

I have 2 extra coils for mine.
17 x 13 EVO,
Sadie.
I only got the 11 inch round and double d with my 4500.
So, Summing up, with these two extra coils, They are all I would
really need to mop up a patch.

I have the identicle set up, there is no "need" to get the extra coils but if you were going to a large for deeper (17x13) and a small for the tiny pieces (8x6) would likley cover 99% of all you need.
They will see different gold so if you are onto peices its a good idea to try the different coils before moving on, effectivly getting all the gold you can possibly detect
11" commander mono is also excellent mid range size.

The 4500 is a great all round machine. Not the expense of a 7000 or 5000 and really works well.
I have the 14" elite that runs very smooth and picks up gold. Might I say thanks to MG for his expert advice and vids.
Now this is not to say I would not like to own a 5000 or 7000 machine it came down to money. I needed to justify with the other half.
So it went like this.
The GPZ 7000 costs nearly 10k
The GPX 5000 costs nearly 5 K
or the GPX 4500 costs 3.4k
So you know the one I was allowed to buy. Mind you I have spent money on the extra coils :)
As for have a mod on your 4500 there are a few doing the mods just make sure it is done well and warranty.
There are a few horror stories out there. Your task will be finding someone who does a really good job at a reasonable price.

Cheers

Tathradj said:
I have 2 extra coils for mine.
17 x 13 EVO,
Sadie.
I am told by the powers that be they are the only extra 2 coils
you will ever need.
The Sadie finds targets that small it is hard to find them. :)
Get an old bullet under them and the 4500 absolutely screams at you. :)

I think you're still missing a 12" Evo to get it all ;)

the 4500 will do great once you start getting used to it, i have 3 coils, the standard 11" DD, 15x12 mono and the 14" elite, i have found gold with the 11"DD and nothing with the other two yet (saying that haven't used the 15x12 yet) and that nugget was on my first outing with the 4500 to, best of luck and happy hunting
cheers
Jamie

Yeah I just took advantage of the current deals... 4500 for $3300. Two standard coils supplied; 11" DD and mono, control box cover etc.

As Doug has mentioned, the two additional coils I am considering are the 17x13 Evo, and the Sadie. The Sadie might come in the future, but to compliment the girl swinging the SDC, the 17x13 seemed like a good option for depth and ground coverage. With all the great coil reports, I'm now wondering if the 15"round Evo, or 14" Elite might be just as good with the 4500? I think the 17x13 evo is lighter than the 14" elite, so I'm still leaning towards it as the only other coil to add. I'm not really looking to add a stack of coils, because I also believe it's more about getting to know your machine, rather than giving all praise to the coil. In saying that, if people think one stands out in the few I have mentioned, then I guess I'll take that edge :D

isolation said:
Yeah I just took advantage of the current deals... 4500 for $3300. Two standard coils supplied; 11" DD and mono, control box cover etc.

As Doug has mentioned, the two additional coils I am considering are the 17x13 Evo, and the Sadie. The Sadie might come in the future, but to compliment the girl swinging the SDC, the 17x13 seemed like a good option for depth and ground coverage. With all the great coil reports, I'm now wondering if the 15"round Evo, or 14" Elite might be just as good with the 4500? I think the 17x13 evo is lighter than the 14" elite, so I'm still leaning towards it as the only other coil to add. I'm not really looking to add a stack of coils, because I also believe it's more about getting to know your machine, rather than giving all praise to the coil. In saying that, if people think one stands out in the few I have mentioned, then I guess I'll take that edge :D

15" Evo is the bees knees on the 4500. In hot damp ground near Wedderburn, it was the one stand-out spiral coil that performed really well.

PhaseTech said:
15" Evo is the bees knees on the 4500. In hot damp ground near Wedderburn, it was the one stand-out spiral coil that performed really well.

Well now I'm just confused again lol

Latest posts