Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
goldtrapper said:
Went for a swing through the end of the mountains/ Bathurst. I set the nox on 21-23 just to look for goldies. Now I stopped at one small park where through the year thousands would lunch. I only pulled good solid signals and came up with 17 flat screw tops and one sunbaker $2. I gueass a CTX user has been there. Same story in the several spots I tried in Bathurst, not a single goldie just screwtop after screw top giving solit 21-22/22-23 signals. :(
My Advice to anyone in Bathurst thinking of buying a detector for parks is to buy a CTX 30-30. You will only be digging trash with the nox.
Just confirms my need for a CTX.
i have done my work VERY well in this area haven't i :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :cool:

Smoky bandit said:
Dam that's bad luck :Y:
You must be using the factory settings. :Y:
i think not , i and a friend have cleaned up the area :cool:

and hey i only use factory setting on my CTX, awesome aren't they ;)

Sorry, I will edit that post, anyone in the Bathurst/mountains area, don't even bother buying a detector to do the parks unless you like collecting junk. (just for the thrill of it) Area is picked cleaner that a crow cleans a ribcage.

goldtrapper said:
Sorry, I will edit that post, anyone in the Bathurst/mountains area, don't even bother buying a detector to do the parks unless you like collecting junk. (just for the thrill of it) Area is picked cleaner that a crow cleans a ribcage.

i have done 12mths every day and thousands of local k's to achieve such results , i haven't got them all yet ! but hey rome wasn't built in a day ;)

next time you come to Btown or surrounding area , pm me , i might hook you up

an yeah where was that bloody sunbaker i missed :8 :8 :playful:

ctxkid said:
Smoky bandit said:
Dam that's bad luck :Y:
You must be using the factory settings. :Y:
i think not , i and a friend have cleaned up the area :cool:

and hey i only use factory setting on my CTX, awesome aren't they ;)
Factory settings are just a start up guide so you can switch on and go....you can make it much better :(

goldtrapper said:
I'm not using factory settings. I am using settings to the ground/emi and coin I am targeting and trash.
Somethings seems wrong...Hope you work it out mate.
I dont think I've ever had a Goldie that flicked into the 23..Using the methods I said....Even the deep ones....But I've only found a few with the Nox :) :)

Using Park 1 for goldie setup.
I have noticed a slight difference sometimes if I use Park 2. Also sens at 14 so I don't go too deep but still get some at 4" with that setting.

Well I took the Nox to the beach to test my new scoop and again on my nox $2 are 21-22. $1 coins even right under the coil go from 21-22-23/22-23? Oh well.
About to read your link Northeast. Thanks.

goldtrapper said:
Well I took the Nox to the beach to test my new scoop and again on my nox $2 are 21-22. $1 coins even right under the coil go from 21-22-23/22-23? Oh well.
About to read your link Northeast. Thanks.
put it on 50 tones and teach your ears the difference ;) :money:

705 was one of the best for discrimination with $1 and $2 and ignore trash...

NOX - Treat as a PI and you can not go wrong = Dig every thing but try not to leave a mess. So many parks and beaches are looking more like the moon with craters every where.

Smoky bandit said:
Hey goldtrapper.
Has your Nox been updated or is it standard.
And do you run recovery speed on 7.

Yes I have done the update but am using recovery on 8.
I will try 7 today.
Thanks.

Latest posts