Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven't heard of this. IF I was going to take mine into the water I would only do it while it was still in warranty. Great machine gets used 4-5 times a week.

Yeah, Everyone seems to love em which is a really good sign.

I guess there is the 3 year warranty for a bit of piece of mind and having Minelab so close by is a plus too.

Im in northeast Vic so it will be going in freshwater.

But, I happen to have been on the Mornington Peninsula the past 2 days and the Nox has worked great in the wet and dry sand. This has been my first ever attempt at beach hunting. At Somers Beach today there was even layers of black sand which I have no experience with and it pulled some deep 20 and 5 cent pieces.

Continue to be impressed by it.

Yeah i love the beach and beach hunting, its a nice change from the goldfields....easy digging...lol.
I've ordered myself a good sand scoop and I think I'll end up getting the nox too :)

My 800 has been submerged frequently... I plan on doing a bit of snorkeling with it this summer in a old swiming hole.....Also The battery compartment is specifically torqued to the correct tension...I wonder if those ones that leaked had been tampered with by the owners. :Y: :)

I have only had mine 3 weeks and have only been able to get out 3 times but scored every time and just love how it works and only using factory settings at the momment you will not regret it Scott'0'
Roy

Scott'O' said:
Thanks Roy, appreciate your reply, really looking forward to using it. I'm keen to hit the beaches over summer but also interested to see how it goes in the gold fields too.
We also just bought the mrs a gold monster so we both keen to get out there.

Cheers :D

There is a member on here who will remain nameless (unless he jumps in ) who had a gold monster and then purchased a nox and has now sold the monster :D
Roy

Hey Roy,
I've heard that a few times but the gold monster is for the mrs which she's pretty excited about....however....if i do better than her with the nox then I'm sure things will change...haha.
She'll use the monster on the gold fields and the Xterra on the beach.
Cheers :D

I don't need to remain nameless Roy ;)

The Monster was great and worked fine. But, the discrimination with the Nox is better and with the small coil should be just as sensitive as the Monster.

With the large and small coil included and its simplicity the Monster is good value :Y:

Northeast said:
I don't need to remain nameless Roy ;)

The Monster was great and worked fine. But, the discrimination with the Nox is better and with the small coil should be just as sensitive as the Monster.

With the large and small coil included and its simplicity the Monster is good value :Y:

Thanks Norheast as you had both you know how they work and I see you are finding a few coins .Well done and I hope to get back your way early next year
Roy

Latest posts