Minelab Equinox tips and questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bogger said:
Nuggetbuster said:
PhaseTech said:

Funny that you post that link...

By pure chance on the other morning (right place, right time - an unexpected detour took me somewhere I wasn't planning on going), I was able to buy an Equinox 800 from a dealer.

Yesterday morning, I decided that I'm selling the Equinox 800...

... and buying a 600.

I think that the extra features on the 800 (and the Bluetooth headphones, which I'll probably never use) are unnecessary for me.

How much ;) ]:D

Someone's coming over today, looking to buy for new price as it's only been used a couple of times (still has the original clear screen sticker on it).

All good and hope it goes thru for you................ spoke with dealer last night and have just about clinched a good deal :Y: ;)

Just wondering do you guys use the ground balance function or just leave it at 0. Bit confusing the manual says no need to ground balance unless difficult soil.

NEWS FLASH - NOX finds high grade native Australian silver nugget :D

1520028725_image.jpg

Thanks guys I thought as much, haven't had a chance to go for a real hunt yet. Nice find Wally :Y:

Beach mode works extremely well also, kinda of wanna say ID is as accurate if not more than the CTX on the beach but only a couple of hours on the beach so far with NOX. This thing continues to surprise me. Eats the Deus alive on the wet sand.

Wally69 said:
Smoky bandit said:
That's awesome...are you going to leave it as it is :Y:

I have left it that way as eye candy for Silver.

Interestingly, it has worked its way down 5" through the topsoil and imbedded itself onto the clay layer over the last 90 years.
Imagine how many times the roof fell in on some unsuspecting insects or annelids before it hit the 5" mark :eek:
Certainly retains that wild lost earthy look Wally.... a thought provoking coin of beauty worthy of the highest accolades.... and a special place of prominence on the mantleplace.
:Y: :cool: :Y:

A few more thoughts on the NoX

Havn't had much time to get into some solid hunting time, but the following review thoughts come to mind

- this NoX can be used to cherry pick a high trash area, or completely sterilise the top 12" of ground
- by retracting the shaft fully, the NoX is light enough to hike into a remote beach and climb sandstone escarpments without thinking negative thoughts about its weight.
- some extremely trashy areas that have produced some excellent 705 pre decimals were proven as virgin patches. One spot that I have covered half a dozen times produced predecimals at depth and some small fine silver jewellery :D this particular area still has in the order of a couple of thousand targets per square metre, so will be a great learning spot for trying various settings.
- extracting Gold in trashy areas is my biggest conundrum, the ID responses for some of the good stuff matches the ID response for some of the bad stuff. I believe the NoX has enough setting control to be able to get the machine to 'talk gold', unfortunately I don't have any sovereigns to play around with, so I am still digging my way through to enlightenment.
- I havn't played with the settings a great deal to date but using prospecting mode on dry sand was an interesting experiment that I will try again. I found that with a super fast swing rate the loud squark of a target or small squark of a in-proximity target was useful for low use beaches. In that situation, the odd bobby pin or bottle top is a welcome indicator of activity and enabled me to concentrate on a higher activity areas.

These are a few targets found on the way to my first Holey dollar.
1520115860_image.jpg

I agree Mackka, there is more to diversity than modern politics; the extra $300 is a vote for utility.

Park/Beach/Goldfield - take your pick, although I am keen to see if a PA forum member can replicate SDC size nuggets on the NSW goldfields that some of the reviews have been producing. Regardless, the 0.5g air test would give me a "invest now" comfort factor.

Latest posts