Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Enjoying a little run of silver. I thought this last session was the end of my run, but on the way to the car, found this little beauty about 5 inches down.
It was in another heavily hammered park, right next to 2 huge plugs. Almost went home with just copper. Phew!!!

I tumbled it clean... :D

1533885494_20180810_170145.jpg

AussieChris said:
Quick trip to a park this arvo while the missus had to see one of her old folk clients. She was only there 45 mins and came by the park after she was done for the day.
Decent haul in that amount of time, no pre decimals today though, I think they are few and far between down the end I was working. I must have dug 20+ ring pulls or bottle tops on top of this lot. I keep digging 16-17 in case of later thrips, but happy to take 20c/50c as well. Stayed clear of canslaw today so that was a bonus.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4915/1532339407_23jul18qep.jpg

These guys were from yesterday along with a good handful of spendables, these 3 came all out of the same hole funny enough, top one being a 46 roo, but George was the better side, the roo has a bit of verdigris. Small mark on the 21 was not from me, I have only been digging with a $3.48 Fiskars nyglass transplanter trowel, harder to sink but it's not going to tear a coin up. Might have to add a couple of teaspoons of cement to my morning coffee as I have been getting big bruises in the palms of my hands. Pretty happy with their condition out of the ground, much dryer lighter soil. There would be nothing left of them if they came from where the 20c above were found, black wet topsoil. They come out looking like coppers.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/4915/1532340842_22jul18qep.jpg
i was under assumption that the parks in lithgow have signs saying no detecting :)
tis the only reason i have not been down and sniffed about ;)

ctxkid said:
i was under assumption that the parks in lithgow have signs saying no detecting :)
tis the only reason i have not been down and sniffed about ;)

I have not come across any as of yet? Maybe I'm an outlaw I have no idea. I did see an article where 2 detectorists, an older couple I believe were hunted out of the main park in 2015 by council workers. Then the council issued some article stating you could detect.....but not dig. Saying that I have yet to come across a warning sign or be warned or hunted myself by a council worker. I try to keep plugs at a bare minimum even resorting to one of those Garrett brass probes. Especially in the turfed and irrigated areas of the big park. There may be 2 places I'm thinking of with signs but they are not parks.

Gizmo said:
Looks great. What media and solution did you use in the tumbler?

I use water and a pinch of OMO laundry detergent liquid. The media is stainless steel shot of various shapes (NOT CHEAP EBAY SHOT).
Tumbling time varies depending on condition. I always tumble at slowest speed and alternate rotation.
For Copper coins I do the same thing, if it is not a rare coin, only for copper, I will add a pinch of CLR. You can control the tumbling time to clean it up as you like or go till it is like new.

To me this is the safest and best methods for cleaning coins and jewellery. (Except with precious stones)

Ahhh. I guessed stainless shot mix but the good stuff is quite expensive. Chinese stainless just rusts... And don't put vinegar in the mix as stainless gets coated in copper and then next time silvers get coated in copper off stainless...

Gizmo said:
Ahhh. I guessed stainless shot mix but the good stuff is quite expensive. Chinese stainless just rusts... And don't put vinegar in the mix as stainless gets coated in copper and then next time silvers get coated in copper off stainless...

It sure is expensive, but well worth it, I had to get some from Brisbane, a local company. And yes, that Chinese shot rusts in like 30 secs... lol.
Yeah, I also use two different sets of shot for that reason, one for silver, and one for copper. But with the good stuff, and mild solutions they stay very clean.

Goldpick said:
Very handy for another detectorist to remove all the junk from around the florin for you, lucky they didn't latch onto it themselves - nice one. :Y:

I like to think that, but truth is, I think they went around removing all the easy silvers. I was just left with all the small coppers, and this one was amongst some heavy iron signals so it might have masked it. Always check your BLIPS on cross angles.

Whoever done those plugs obviously put as much effort into their detecting as they do into filling plugs. Pretty ordinary job. At least make it look like you tried. lol

I got a good permission coming up next week. So should be interesting to see what the NOX comes up with.

Till then, happy hunting. ENJOY

And make like you were never there.

Trash said:
Good job Rick

The Florin is a beaut

Need Sunnies to look at it ...lol

Have you got the 6 out yet ..?

I was supposed to use it this Friday, but plans changed so took ZED again. But I will be soon as I have a few trips lined up.

1533959902_coins_gold.jpg

Nox 600 Bought for me by my lovely Family for my Birthday

2nd Hit out getting used to it this morning

Standard Settings for Beach 1 Just Tweaked the threshold a bit (as i am used to hearing a slight threshold)

a few coins started appearing

About half way into the hunt a nice signal that was different from the coin signals (Was digging all signals just see what turned up)

and whoa out came the bracelet from the wet sand close to the waters edge in the swash as i call it its a large bracelet more like a mans one not much of a safety clip just a hook

15grm 24ct ASIAN
1533960675_gold.jpg
gold what a way to start the weekend :)
Cheers mark

Latest posts