Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
RockRat said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/12682/1532519414_imag4419_1.jpg

Went to an invite, old farm with old Chinese garden
and old tobacco drying sheds, first real hunt
with the nox 800, threepence made my day
The copper plate has written on it,
EMMROX, made in Australia, Magneto.
Type..1FC..serial no.. DK 41308.

sent you a pm HayyoUinAU

Silly me was looking in PM and then realised it was email. lol
Ill check it first thing in the morning, can hardly keep my eyes open.

Nice finds you got there too. GREAT SUCCESS!!! :Y:

Went for a quick detect to an old mining site,
this morning. Old horseshoe, must be back
leg shoe as its worn on the toe, the ornamental
piece, copper, maybe hair piece, cold chisel
of sorts, belt buckle and a copper sleeve,
no idea what it is. steel objects will clean up in
molasses and water. Gave them all to small
museum, private, who is out that way, they
were rapt, so was i to find them, will go
back as there are a lot more targets as i didn't
have time to dig more.
1532661620_imag4426_1.jpg

Equinox 800

How do you clean your steel relics with molasses? I've always just used a wire brush on a bench grinder but it's pretty messy and time consuming. Thinking the copper sleeves might be something to do with blasting as I've found similar ones at old minesites too, always hard rock ones.

hi Dave, i think your spot on with the copper sleeve :Y:
1532677396_imag4428_1.jpg

Picked up the idea from boaties who are at sea for a while,
there tools get rusty out on the ocean for a while and
they soak them in a molasses and fresh water solution.
I make rustic signs sometimes using old relics, and
use the molasses mix to clean them up.
Angle grinders and me don't get on so any
reason not to use them ,i use other means.

Yes RockRat that mixture was used by a very good friend of mine and worked a treat. Thanks for reminding me. He used to buy it in 205litre drums, molasses to mix with water for his horse. It was used to improve his coat, make it shine, he drank it.
Mackka

Cheers, got a few old rusty relics from the early days of the Beaconsfield mine that I'd love to clean up. Might even be able to find a spot for some of the horseshoes if they come up nice. There's no shortage of them round here!

Spent a couple hours today at some parks. No silver, but still fun and gets the kids out of the house.
Tomorrow is another day :)

1532774482_20180728_173259.jpg

I will tumble the pennies and some clean cut 2 cent coins I found a couple days ago and post the finished products.

The broach cleaned up nice too, seems like it is Victorian. And yes.....Damn those 1 and 2 cent coins. I dug them because there was no silver around :-(

Spent a couple hours at some fields again today. Met up with 227dick.

The Equinox always comes through. Not one hunt has left me without a coin. That is pretty impressive.

And I am finding more treasure than trash, and that is also impressive. Especially in heavily hunted grounds. :Y: :Y: :Y: :D :Y: :Y: :Y:

1532853279_20180729_165715.jpg

Got some silver, even if it only is half silver, Ill take it. Didn't expect it though with the low ID numbers, was expecting another 2 cent coin.

Yeah, the 50% silvers give some pretty low ID s sometimes depending on whether they are laying flat or vertical in the ground. Got a shilling today that only showed up at 18 to 19 until it came out of the hole, then 21 to 22.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Spent a couple hours at some fields again today. Met up with 227dick.

The Equinox always comes through. Not one hunt has left me without a coin. That is pretty impressive.

And I am finding more treasure than trash, and that is also impressive. Especially in heavily hunted grounds. :Y: :Y: :Y: :D :Y: :Y: :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/10637/1532853279_20180729_165715.jpg

Got some silver, even if it only is half silver, Ill take it. Didn't expect it though with the low ID numbers, was expecting another 2 cent coin.

Yep gotta dig the BB's if you want silver. Nice hunt. :Y: The BB's though do bounce a bit in a semi predictable sort of way though, same as on the CTX. But still better to dig them just to be sure.

Old hall site. (3rd trip) Previous netted 4 pennies, 4 half pennies and 2 thrips
Park 1
Manual Ground Balance

2 Florins
1 Shilling
2 Sixpences
1 Threepence
6 Pennies (Including 1889 Queen Vic)
2 x 2 Cents and 1 x 1 cent. (Not pictured) Nothing after 1988.
1533041755_img_1637.jpg

Latest posts