Minelab Equinox 800 or 600 FINDS

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a lot of non ferrous targets at most of the really old sites. I usually have to find the sites by using all metal mode but I'll go over any interesting patches in a couple of modes and various recovery speeds. And drop iron bias down to 3, any lower and you end up diggin rust flakes.

Did some in ground testing with the 800. Bout 8 bits from 0.05 to 7g and they ID as everything from 1 to 17 so yeah. Dig everything.

Dave79 said:
Did some in ground testing with the 800. Bout 8 bits from 0.05 to 7g and they ID as everything from 1 to 17 so yeah. Dig everything.

Dave did you do any measurements on depth , if you did I would love to here your results , I did tests today with nuggets sitting on a timber plank 750mm,s of the ground and thought get rid of this machine , found it worked better in park 2 , and gold 2 also what you say about numbers reading can,t agree more small gold 1 to what ever depending on the size of the gold I had , mine was dsicriminatating out old square nails and small tack before I moved along to coins and gold all set up in a line on the plank, I was only using the speaker but it was turned up to max 25 .

Starting with sensitivity on 25 the smallest bits disappeared under a cm of dirt and the biggest was still audible down to 15cm. Sensitivity on 20 I think 0.12 was the smallest detectable on the surface and the depth halved on bigger ones. My main problem is that I still get plenty of hot roks and ghost signals when running on 20 sens and any lower it misses too much. I'm not using gold mode much, seems to work better in field mode 2 still pick up decent sized gold.

hAyyoUinAU said:
Sandta said:
Mate, we all dig that exact same stuff (unless cherry picking)
... usually just dont show it.
Dont worry ... the goodies will come :p
You cant find what isnt there ;)

Not sure what you mean. I am not after gold when I go looking for silver. :/ :/ :rolleyes:

In some session, I might only end up digging half a dozen targets. Unfortunately I do not get too much access to farm land or fields.
So cherry picking is both a must and an art.

Sorry mate , that reply was for spoon
This thread can get a little confusing ;)

Dave79 said:
Starting with sensitivity on 25 the smallest bits disappeared under a cm of dirt and the biggest was still audible down to 15cm. Sensitivity on 20 I think 0.12 was the smallest detectable on the surface and the depth halved on bigger ones. My main problem is that I still get plenty of hot roks and ghost signals when running on 20 sens and any lower it misses too much. I'm not using gold mode much, seems to work better in field mode 2 still pick up decent sized gold.

Gold Mode is timed and weighted for Gold.
So if you are looking for gold, use GOLD MODE. I have only done about 30min of testing with the 6" in the gold fields on the 800 and definitely GOLD mode only.
Any other mode can find bigger bits, but will struggle with the hot ground.

I pretty much run my 800 on Sensitivity of 19 most of the times. If I get a faint target, I will raise sensitivity just for that target sometimes, and it can help, depending on chatter.

Not the best of days, but definitely consistent. And the silver made the day, regardless how small.

I like going to this spot, always relaxing, and somewhat rewarding.

Thought I had a nice ring till I realised it was just bling.

1534076402_20180812_172850.jpg

Found this a few days ago. Had me all excited at first when I saw it in the hole, until I picked it up and felt its weight.
Something different and not really expected.

1537093410_before_and_after.jpg

Tumbled up nice for aluminum...it was pretty crusty before. And had to increase the rotation speed due to the lightness of the aluminum it wouldn't go under the shot under slowest speed. Worked a treat.

Spent a good 3 hours doing some solid testing between firmware updates on the NOX.
I had the laptop handy to switch back and forth and another NOX user close by. (Richard)
Very happy with my results. And happy to keep using the firmware it came with.

Even happier with the Sixpence I pulled out...I haven't cleaned it yet, but it is very clean cut. Great score.

1537522581_20180921_192952.jpg

Latest posts