Minelab CTX3030 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My old boy came up with the link. Nah Heath I had a go at the 17 and not really any good for the parks just to big and heavy and patchy target separation. I nearly bought a 10x5 the other day when I was having a chat at my local but just wanted an eliptical like the 13x11 for the deus but a bit narrower its like Coiltek were listening to our conversation. Wonder what its weight will be looks light.

Wasn't sure if you had one or not, great on the beaches but yeah I've found the same thing in the parks with it, separation is not so good in heavy clutter.

The 10x5 Coiltek is a great coil, I reckon much better made than the minelab coils, the 14x9 looks way more robust as well. I reckon they might have been listening. :) I reckon I'll definitely get one when they're available in Aus. Hopefully it's a bit lighter than the 17x11.

Could become my goto coil, as you said it will probably get between the clutter nicely and separate targets well. Could be a good option for parks just to get that bit extra ground coverage.

I might give them a call this week and see if they will be releasing them here soon.

Never realised Coiltex introduces overseas before here, from the video review seems it has been in the US, UK & EU a fair while. Guess they are much bigger markets then OZ. Be keen to see if its toe and heel when coil is held perpendicular act like a top ID pinpointer on shallow stuff, as the 13x11 does on the Deus. Really great for separating close shallow targets and ensuring you dig the correct ID one on lawns. Suspect as the CTX one is narrower it may perform this function even better.

Over here I can get a 14x10 Detech that fits the Etrac, So I am wondering if the CTX and the Etrac share the same Coils because the 14x10 only cost me about $165.00 AUD which is a real good deal and it has the power and sensitivity,

hope this helps,

John.

Ridge Runner said:
Over here I can get a 14x10 Detech that fits the Etrac, So I am wondering if the CTX and the Etrac share the same Coils because the 14x10 only cost me about $165.00 AUD which is a real good deal and it has the power and sensitivity,

hope this helps,

John.

No they don't, CTX coils are made for the CTX only.

To be honest John, it only really needs a few coils, the 14x9 will pretty much complete the picture. I honestly don't think I'd buy another coil for it after the 14x9. I already have the 11" standard round, 10x5 coiltek and the 17x11 minelab. I don't think I'd even bother getting the 6" minelab coil for it either, but I might one day for the extremely trashy spots.

All bases are covered.

Ha ha even with the 14x9 coil on my CTX it will still be nearly a kilo lighter than the Z. Interesting though, thought it would at least be lighter than the 17 but the 10x5 is a heavy little coil for its size too and the coiltek just looks better built than the Minelab as my 11 coil has become quite touch sensitive but I have not treated it very nice either.

Yeah the 14x9 is very similar in weight to the 17", I thought it would be lighter as well. I love the build quality of the 10x5, it's very good. The coil cables on the minelab coilsd leave a lot to be desired. Remember when mine died and what the minelab tech told me, "don't fold the coil down, lock the nut tighter so it doesn't move much"? They could use some better quality cables I reckon.

Hope your 11"coil isn't on it's way out mate.

Crikey, certainly a heavy coil, for comparison the Deus 13x11 comes in at around 650grams with skid plate, internal battery & PCB. 50% heavier maybe 50% deeper yes/ no...... Must be the windings, doubt the chip`d weight 5 grams. But with a Z right arm who`ll notice, if it does for the CTX what the larger elliptical does to the Deus.

G'day all.

The coil will be available on the 28th of March.
RRP is $425
The weight of the coil is 880 grams

Latest posts