Minelab CTX3030 tips, settings, questions

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers GP.

It was a momento his grandfather gave him and he lost it in there 3 years ago he reckons, anyway will see how it goes, does sound a bit strange but I've heard of stranger things. :)

Just received a ctx 3030 to complement GPX . Put it together and it won't start. Batteries are fully charged . Suppliers say I need to send it to mine lab and mine lab say I have to send it to the suppliers as its within 7 days of opening the box and they must send a replacement immediately . Anyone with similar experiences or advice?

Danny

ACCC said:
Who to claim a remedy from
You can claim a remedy from the retailer if the products do not meet any one or more of the consumer guarantees, with the exception of availability of spare parts and repair facilities.

The remedies you can seek from the retailer who sold you the product include a repair, replacement, or refund and in some cases compensation for damages and loss.

The retailer cant refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer.

You can claim a remedy directly from the manufacturer or importer if the goods do not meet one or more of the following consumer guarantees:

- acceptable quality
- matching description
- any extra promises made about such things like performance, condition and quality
repairs and spare parts - the manufacturer is responsible for ensuring that spare parts and repair facilities (a place that can fix the consumers goods) are available for a reasonable time after purchase unless you were told otherwise. How long is reasonable will depend on the type of product.
You are only entitled to recover costs from a manufacturer or importer, which include an amount for reduction in the products value and in some cases compensation for damages or loss.

Approaching the retailer or manufacturer
The retailer who sold you the product or service cannot refuse to help you by sending you to the manufacturer or importer. You can approach the manufacturer or importer directly, however, you will only be entitled to recover costs from them, which include an amount for reduction in the products value and in some cases compensation for damages or loss. You cannot demand a repair, replacement or refund from the manufacturer.

I meant to add some more but got sidetracked - looks like you got your answer though.
The retailer/seller should always be your first port of call & they are obligated to remedy. For DOA products they should & I would be (politely but strongly) suggesting an immediate replacement is required. By rights they could make you wait for repair but that's not good business on their part - all assuming that they agree there's a problem when you take it back & don't find an easy fix.
It's amazing how many retailers try to dodge it & get you to return it yourself for repairs etc. I've even had Big W try to tell me I had to return a Bluray player that was DOA myself. I left the store with a new one that worked :D

Hope you get it sorted soon Danny, Minelab are great to deal with but you'd think that the supplier you bought it from would be keen to help you as it would be easy for them to get things sorted out with minelab.

Mbasko's info is spot on.

This may sound a bit off topic; but do check the cable connection from the Control Box is connected .

Had another user change coils and then said his CTX would no longer work...

After a bit of a look and play; we found the Coil Cable was correct, but the cable from the Control box was not fitted/tight.

Just a thought :)

You may have checked, but even the most simple things can sometimes trap us.

Hi bogger , don't think it's the dealers fault , if they had a spare they would of sent one strait away . I would recommend the the dealer they are central west prospecting supplies. They called minelab who then called me to arrange pick up and replacement . They went out of their way to make sure that mine lab got in contact And pick up. And minelab were only too happy to solve the problem .

Danny

Hi Danny13,
Mate you must have purchased the CTX3030 I had my eye on last week from CWPS, not to worry though they had another ordered and I picked it up yesterday.
I'm about to put mine together and give it a run, hope it starts up as it should; good to hear you have your machine issues sorted out, CWPS are a good crowd to deal with.
Cheers, SinHof.

Hi Danny13,
No drama with mine, started as expected, WM10 connected first time and all is well. Had a quick run at a park just round the corner from home and pulled a $1.00 coin plus a couple of junk targets, it should be a fun machine, a bit like the 7000 but a lot lighter.
Cheers, SinHof.

Latest posts