MINE LOCATIONS AROUND OBERON?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey, im new to this forum but I was wondering if anyone has any coordinates to any old mine shafts just to have a look. I dont mind if the walk is hard as I always like a challenge but if you have any coordinates of any that would be great. If you post them privately to me I won’t leak them or tell anyone about them as I don’t want them ruined.

Hi WD, welcome to PA.

If you use the Search function at the top right of each forum page and search for Oberon, you'll find lots of prior discussions about gemstones in the vicinity, but no references that I can see to any mine shafts. As prospecting/mining gemstones usually involves relatively shallow diggings, I presume you are thinking of old shafts from reef gold mine workings?

Most of the threads also talk about problems with restricted or zero access to forestry and private land and issues with watchful, unfriendly locals. Maybe you need to pick somewhere easier for your explorations?

Hi Willdorso,

I find it hard to get information on the location of adits and shafts, and it’s something I’m quite interested in. Have you got the google earth overlay for historical mines in NSW? this is a useful resource but you never know if the site has been bulldozed, filled in etc.

Latest posts