Metal detecting for gold in the Alice Springs area.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Anybody looking for a gold metal detecting hunting partner in the Alice Springs area? I have relocated to the area and I am looking for a partner for adventures in the outback. I am also very new to this hobby and will not be a threat and I am pretty sure of that!
I will pay my own way and split the fuel cost to help.
Later, Trashpicker

Hi mate,

Theres no gold around here mate ;) shoot me a PM and lets see what we can do?

Jim & Kerrie

Hello Jim
First of all, thanks for responding to my thread. I am here for meeting from the US. I live in New Mexico and metal detect ghost towns and old dump sites.
I cannot PM until I have 10 posts on the forum.
only 2 more to go then I will pm you .

As i mentioned in my first post, i use Minelab detectors exclusively and own 4 explorers and a Eureka Gold detector.

My wife bought me the gold detector for my birthday about 4 yrs ago and I only used it once. Since there are no nuggets in New Mexico if was not much good. if you want gold around my house, you have to dry wash and pan for it.

Trashpicker said:
Anybody looking for a gold metal detecting hunting partner in the Alice Springs area? I have relocated to the area and I am looking for a partner for adventures in the outback. I am also very new to this hobby and will not be a threat and I am pretty sure of that!
I will pay my own way and split the fuel cost to help.
Later, Trashpicker
Hey how are ya hope to see a mail back this way

G'day all, spend most of the year around Alice, and my work means I'm either on a bike or in a chopper, and have seen bugger all around Alice. However I have some great spots a day or so from there, which are too much to cover on my own, so keen to meet up with a few honest people next year. Hope you don't mind camping rough though!

No worked I. stock camps, worked in the bush a lot not at all worried about camping so what do you do for a quid ?

How abouts we have a talk via phones Murphy ?

Alan
xxxxxxxxx
NUMBER REMOVED as per forum rules . Jaros :|

Hi all,

I would like to catch up with any of you for a yarn about Central Australian gold and perhaps a scratch around when the weather cools down a bit, over to you gentlemen :)

Merry Christmas to all at Prospecting Australia.

Jim

Thepick said:
No worked I. stock camps, worked in the bush a lot not at all worried about camping so what do you do for a quid ?

How abouts we have a talk via phones Murphy ?

Alan
xxxxxxxxx
NUMBER REMOVED as per forum rules . Jaros :|

will be there for 5 weeks from Feb 1

shoot me a mesage we can hook up for a beer

gonna have evenings free . i only work 4 hours a day and 2 hour travel each way to get to the work site

Tamami is where most of the NT gold is. I used to work at Tanami Gold now owned by Newcrest, the airleggers were picking 20 grammers out of the reefs. I personally saw 20L buckets of nuggets being run up the decline. The Tanami desert is one of the most remote parts of Aust. a Sat phone is a must!

Latest posts