melting 925 jewellery

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hiya there guys,
have been collection silver rings etc from my detecting finds
anyone out there melting their stash and have some pointers
any help will be appreciated
cheers

i dont personally melt 925 but melt 999 which works the same way. Go to bunnings and buy a mapp gas torch (burnsomatic brand is the best) and order a melting dish and graphite mold from ebay. Just be carefull as you will be playing with melting metal. Check out hand poured silver bars in youtube

I am manufacturing jeweler,and my advise is do not melt them,if you do you will have a lump of metal which no one will want to buy,because they will not know what it is,you will not be able to prove it,and will eventual it will get lost,but if they are stamped SS or 925 they will able to be sold.

i agree digger to a certain point. as you would know a lot of gold buyers these days have the ability to test with an XRF machine. You can sell them as is and get a good buck if there in good condition but i have also seen people sell 925 ingots with not issues.

at the end of the day you will more than likely only get scrap value so melting them down wont add any extra value

cheers bogan & digger
i don't mind they didn't cost me anything but time pitty they are mangled can barely make out the 925
well as selling 925 go's .40c a gram and 99.99 is .50c so not really concerned about losing 10c per gram
just another way to pass some of the winter we have coming, nothing in my house gets lost haha OCD has its upsides
cheers again lads
drys

Latest posts