medallion ????

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wooster

Darren
Reaction score
1y2009.jpg

this side has was seems like an archer

k2b63c.jpg

this side has some kind of bird on it and winter written in top right hand corner

first impression is a old German / Prusso-Austrian empire eagle, looks ancient mate, where did you come up with one? What are the dimensions?

found it today mate ... what about the archer on the other side

I'm happy to say I was present when this marvelous specimen was dug out of the earth today :D, great find wooster.

Yeah I had a bit of a google, could not find anything with an archer, except some ancient Greek coins. can you put up the diameter, it could help in the identification

Had a bit more of a google, if you check out polish eagle coins, it looks similar, cant find anything with an archer that would fit.. try zodiac coins..

I love a good detective story!!
Well done on the find! I hope, for the sake of all of us, we find its history?!

Well done Wooster, I think I would go and get it checked out though.
Cheers
Brad...

Nice find. Good on you. I don't MD but I do own one. Maybe I should shake the cobwebs off and try. Thanx for the sharing. Bill

hey aushunter where do you think to get it checked out ??? prob a coin dealer hey

hey minnesota definitely shake those cobwebs off and get out there mate ... you will enjoy yourself :)

thats awesome! coulnd't find anything in google that resembled it, probably a keepsake that an old settler bought over or something

Latest posts