M3's hunt results

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ramjet said:
M3talmiliti4 said:
Heres to hopin someone dropped a couple :) some shillings would be nice too, please and thankyou :D

Head is off flush with the shoulders, the neck must be with the head, I can't see any other teeth marks on it, im also starting to think that there might of been an old building or house on the site before the park came along.

Clean cut? guillotine I tell ya.

Haha :lol:
ill have a look in the basket under the guillotine for the head, i wonder what the execution was for?

Sandta said:
Pretty cool
Nice plaque/plate .... Shame about the holes :(
Waugh & Josephson , Brsbane
Predecessors to Cat , i think

I was hoping someone would shed some light on what the plate is, thanks Sandta, that tube shaped object to the left of the plate was through one of the holes, not sure what it was used for.

Hit one play ground and 2 parks today, the moderns and most the bb's were from the playground and a new park (new to my detector anyway)

Last park I hit was were I've been finding the pre decs, unfortunatly no pre decs again :( but this place is certainly turnin it on for relics. Bound to be more pre decs around just have to walk over the top of em :D

Any ideas what these items might be would be great, pretty sure the big object on the far right is an old candle stick holder?
1454828727_2016-02-07_16.58.08.jpg

An old Qld railwys coat button abit beatin up, pretty cool.

1454828859_2016-02-07_16.59.08.jpg

1454828918_2016-02-07_16.59.42.jpg

A leprechaun pin that says "Irish Luck From Guiness"

1454829020_2016-02-07_17.00.07.jpg

1454829050_2016-02-07_17.00.50.jpg

M3

Recon it could be a fire place stoker with the iron parts rusted away(the candle stick looking thingy). ;) :D

Im still thinkin candle stick holder, pretty sure its upside down in the photo and is missing its base possibly.

He is pretty cool, cant get much more luck then that finding a golden leprechaun :D he might show me the way to the pot of gold.
Yeah the button is also pretty cool, it is a little dented up tho.

Quick hunt this arvo, same park I've been hitting lately. The mowerman has been through which gave me some more access where I've been keen to swing but grass was too long.
The silver ring was the very first target of the day :D so started things of on a high, a 1951 half penny and a first for me and the first pre dec for a while, a stack of pesky bb's damn some of those things sing nicely like penny's. The handle from an old silver spoon, or fork, or spork a shame the rest of it isnt there.

A very productive hunt in the end and has satisfied the itch, for now, probably until tomorrow :rolleyes:

1455525899_2016-02-15_18.27.55.jpg

The silver ring with the 51 half penny
1455525969_2016-02-15_18.29.33.jpg

Yup that says 925 :D
1455526005_2016-02-15_18.30.10.jpg

Im pretty sure the 2 little clear stones are diamonds, they have the same colourful "fire" as a diamond, any ideas what the orange stone could be? Has me stumped.
1455526204_2016-02-15_18.30.44.jpg

Was thinking of givin it a good CABing not too sure how it will affect the stones tho, anyone CABed a ring yet?

M3

I CABed a 925 ring a while back, but no stones in it and because it was residue grimy I ended up using bicarb on it and it still wasn't that good,... but yours looks nice to start with M3,... so, maybe a very quick dip rub and wash off first up just to see how it fares,... its a pretty weak acid really,... but someone who knows acid and pretty good stones might step up to the plate with some proper answers,... otherwise it's just that trial and error learning curve that we all take part in along the journey,... you could be making history right here and now M3 ! ;) :p

Sandta said:
Nice ring...
Cool little leprechaun type badge too :D
Thanks Sandta, yeah I found the little leprechaun badge thingy on my last hunt, now he just comes along for the ride :lol: my little "irish luck" budy :lol:

Yeah thanks AR, the stone is really orange and nice and clear it has a lustre that puts you in a trance that you could look at for days.

Oh and silver, the CAB didnt work, it hasn't affected the stones at all but has put a horrible tarnish on the silver which im hoping will polish out :(
1455576378_2016-02-16_08.45.45.jpg

Livin and learnin :D

So anyone thinkin about CABing a silver ring, I would probably advise against it, especially if it is not really grotty to start with. :)

Latest posts