M3's hunt results

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So just doubled the dosage, thats 2 heaped teaspoons in 1/3 of a cup of water and gave it a scrub every 3-5mins, it was in the acid bath for about 15mins all up. It is getting cleaner, the crap was really caked on, and the double dose and extra time spent in the acid has not seemed to have affected the coin itself. Might give it another bath tomorrow.

1454410646_2016-02-02_20.52.11.jpg

I tried some citric acid today on some pretty black silvers, and it didn't have a huge effect on them even after concentrating the mix and increasing the time. Might need to have a bit more of a play methinks.

After each soak i gave mine a good scrub with a soft bristled toothbrush, seems to do the job. I might give mine a good soak tomorrow half hour at least and see what happens.

Ramjet said:
I experimented with one of my rare 47 florins. 1/2 teaspoon citric acid in 1 cup water. In for 1 minute, wipe with a rag. Most of the crud came off but back in for another minute, another wipe, rinse in fresh water then a few minutes in bi carb and water. Rinse and dry.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1454445165_img_20160203_073043.jpg

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/214/1454445195_img_20160203_073012.jpg

Thanks RJ I will give that a go.

AtomRat said:
Getting onto the oldies now m3! Woooweee!! Congrats mate :D

Yeah thanks mate, I'm pretty stoked :D
Can't wait to get back out for another crack, I know there are more goodies there.

They might have lost the penny under the shade of the tarp M3. :D

Had another quick hunt yesterday arfternoon during a break in the weather, ground was saturated and muddy, made for easy digging tho :D have only just had a chance to clean the mud off of the finds, I didn't know what was in the finds pouch until I cleaned it all up. Same park different area, no pre decs this time but did produce some nice relics, this ground is still looking good. Just waiting for the weather to clear up over the weekend so I can put some decent hours in to really clean an area out, during the quick hunts im just digging up the high solid tones.

Most notable is the old school toy soldier, poor bugger has lost his head, bit of a shame :( ahh well.

1454714802_2016-02-06_09.13.48.jpg

1454714826_2016-02-06_09.14.10.jpg

M3

silver said:
Just head back and find it,... no one takes a headless soldier out to play, ... do they ? ;)
Ha, yeah good idea silver I may as well collect all the florins while im there gettin the head :eek: :p :D

It was probably abandoned by the little boy because the head broke off, maybe, gotta love speculating what they were upto back in the day :D

Well,... they were using florins when they were playing with lead soldiers,... are there baby teeth marks on the neck at all ?
We lived in a strange old world back then ! :eek:

Heres to hopin someone dropped a couple :) some shillings would be nice too, please and thankyou :D

Head is off flush with the shoulders, the neck must be with the head, I can't see any other teeth marks on it, im also starting to think that there might of been an old building or house on the site before the park came along.

M3talmiliti4 said:
Heres to hopin someone dropped a couple :) some shillings would be nice too, please and thankyou :D

Head is off flush with the shoulders, the neck must be with the head, I can't see any other teeth marks on it, im also starting to think that there might of been an old building or house on the site before the park came along.

Clean cut? guillotine I tell ya.

Latest posts