My new Nox 800

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

roy cobb

Steve
Reaction score
Well I did it I purchased a equinox 800 at Bendigo on monday on our way home from Melbourne. Only got home late last night so I put it all on charge and was able to get out to a local park this afternoon And to say I'am happy with the nox would be an understatement it is great at discrimination and I had my best ever coin find this afternoon with it

1542778974_20181121_161855-600x1067.jpg

I found
9 pennies
1 Florin
2 Ramshead shilling
1 half penny
4 threepence

3x One dollars 1x twenty cents 1x fifty cents 6x two cents 9x one cents
Now too clean them up for some dates

1542779282_20181121_162647-600x1067.jpg

But you still find trash :p

Nice hunt Roy. Those squashed bottle caps will usually suck you in. As you get used to the tones, especially if you hunt in 5 tones, you'll soon be passing over pull tabs. Although the folded over beaver tails can still get me, the mongrels. The squashed cans are a giveaway when you pinpoint them. I very much doubt you'll ever regret buying the'Nox. :perfect:

After useing it a local trashy park to day and not haveing used it befor Iam very impressed in how it works and it can only get better as I learn to use all its features
Roy

Congrats Roy.

I am assuming this is a park you've done before with the 705?

You'll be deadly on the Nox by the time you make it back this way again ;)

And I have not answered your text! Yes, I have watched that fella on Youtube before but havn't seen that particular vid. I saw him with the 3030 and he was definitely at the town you were thinking of when he was using it. I think it would be a safe guess that is where he is in the Nox vid too.

And I haven't looked up the movie yet but i will :D

Thanks Northeast "I WILL BE BACK" and I will have the nox and the 4000 picked up some maps with the nox to use when I come back will be in touch if thats ok about a trip down your way looking for some yellow stuff early next year.
It was great to meet and hope next time we have more time to swing How is the family as well.
Thanks again
Roy

Family is all good thanks :Y:

Looking forward to a return visit - but dont learn the Nox too much :playful:

And the coins today - from a park you had done with the 705?

Yes it was and its a very trashy park and I just love how the nox discriminated out the trash around the coins the rubbish I dug was so I could learn the numders etc. as it diffrent to the 705 I was picking up the threepences at 200 to 250 mm and the 1&2 cents screamed

Nice hunting. Looks like you've tuned into the sweet tone that means that it's a coin... usually. Keep digging some iffy ones, there's always gold out there that doesn't sound great.

Latest posts