Prospecting / Gold detecting tours & training Victoria

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
bringing back an old topic, can anyone recommend any gold detecting tours/training days in VIC?

I have my own machine and am basically self taught on all of it (youtube helps too).

Would love to spend a day out with people who know what they are doing and can show me some tips on my machine!

Cheers

Oldgreg said:
bringing back an old topic, can anyone recommend any gold detecting tours/training days in VIC?

I have my own machine and am basically self taught on all of it (youtube helps too).

Would love to spend a day out with people who know what they are doing and can show me some tips on my machine!

Cheers

Here you go mate check out this thread :Y:

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=22783

Hi, same deal. Once you have your 10 posts up. Go to the members meet up section.
Start your own thread .
E.g.... "Golden triangle meet up anyone".
Some great members here that will surely meet up. :Y:

G'day prospectors!

My partners birthday is coming up and he has always had a interest in gold hunting.

As a present I wanted to try and give him the experience of going for a hunt for some gold and would love your opinions on how best to achieve this.

Here is some basic information

We are located in Melbourne
He has never been before
He has some Gold panning equipment
We have the capacity to hire a Minelab detector
Able to drive a few hours to hunt

With these parameters in mind, would you recommend hiring a detector or going for a local river option?

Or is there a place where he could do both?

Do you have any recommendations where he could go to find some fine gold?

Any advice is most welcome.

Thank you!

I did a couple of trips to Lannacoorie with my brother who's an experienced detectorist, and I hired a detector each time, the first from Dean at Dunnolly and the next from Coiltek at Maryborough. Dean's not there any more but the guys at Coiltek are great and very helpful, and it's not far from Melbourne.

Latest posts