Long Weekend

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Whose heading where this weekend? I myself plan on heading Dunolly way. Going on my Pat Malone. Busy Sat. Tempting for Sunday but more likely Monday. Hope ya all find some nice colour out there

Cheers Mackka mate lol . Thanks guys I'll check it out. . . look out for the little silver vectra. I'll be in that. Taking the 25 inch evo this weekend. That big one's out there somewhere . . . . and I'm gonna find it mate

RobboChasinYella said:
Whose heading where this weekend?

Me! I didnt get out to look for gold last weekend and the need has been gnawing at me all week.

Ill be heading up Bullumwaal way shortly to spend the day panning. PMAV have their annual exhibition at the Bullumwaal Hall tomorrow, so I might take a look in there too. I guess that makes for good odds that Ill come across other people prospecting, which would be a first. Usually its just me, march flies, leeches and skinks.

RobboChasinYella said:
Cheers Mackka mate lol . Thanks guys I'll check it out. . . look out for the little silver vectra. I'll be in that. Taking the 25 inch evo this weekend. That big one's out there somewhere . . . . and I'm gonna find it mate

If your heading around Dunolly that coil will give you some probs swinging it, not much open bush there if I were you I would take a smaller one with you .Just my opinion.PP

Hey Pirate Pete I'll be taking the 15 evo.and the 11inch commander with me
Plan on using the 25 on the surfaced areas mate

Hey RCY. Surfaced areas generally only yield small gold as they were basically dug down to bedrock IMHO. With that size coil (15@), youre looking for larger & deeper targets. It wont find the small gold generally left after surfacing.

Had a ripper weekend at the Wedderburn Detecting Jamboree. Congratulations to all the winners and great to see a large amount of money raised for next years event

Latest posts