Long Range Locators (LRL's) / Detectors / Radars - Rangertell TG etc.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mozzie1957

Wayne Blyton
Reaction score
Just saw this on fleabay, a Rangertell-TG-Gold-Gems-Metal-Long-Range-Detector. In the metal detectors $400- $600 section.
Lot of money for a calculator on a stick. Comments?

Looks like some sort of gimmick if the guts inside is as per picture. Save your money and buy reputable detector if that's what you are after.
1383727315_image.jpg

Yeah, Knew it had to be a scam. Read some of the dealer's feedback. Amazes me that some still get taken by this. Wonder when someone will start selling a shoebox attached to a dowsing stick?

WTF???? grab and old coat hanger, cut it half, stick on a calculator and commence dowsing for gold. This is magnificent. WTF is a 'sensitivity pot'?? Is that having a beer while in a contemplative mood and watching Oprah?

There are a lot of desperate, gullible people out there, which unfortunately leads to the propagation of such scams...

but one review says that they have sold 5,000 world wide. That must mean one of the following;

a) we have 5000 gullible people in this world
b) $2,500,000 has successfully gone into some ones pocket
c) this thing can tell time and is great as a prop in the next star trek movie
d) all the above

Unsure but I think one of those may be correct.

joke of the century is why a "reputable" company like Kellyco would carry these things

http://www.kellycodetectors.com/okm/bionicx4.php

professional geologists i have spoken to about the OKM products tell me they are mystified how a bit of wire in a plastic tube can sell for $ 14,000

the internet is filled with no glowing reviews about their products , and the manufacturer doesnt answer emails

[video=480,360]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YotC8IMwA2g[/video]

Lol, have seen these on ebay many times over the years, if they were that good, every mining company would be using them to locate the next orebody. I also like the fact that the ebay listing rambles on for about 10 pages on why you should by one, but not a single video of it in operation, actually finding something. I might have thought it had some genuine use, but when they mentioned about finding gemstones as well, I just laughed. :D

I could imagine some guy driving around with it, and ending up at Fort Knox,

someone sold some to the u.k army and after testing he was arrested for fraud and I think the army wanted to prosecute him for endangering life as he said they could find i.e.d.s at a distance.

pity it seems abit harder to charge the aussie seller that use's about six different names to sell them here for fraud, Vincent blanes is his real name.
regards

edit, I mucked up. it was the Iraqi army as stated in the next post. my memory failing me. old age or too much bourbon? :lol:

he just got 10 years jail

which is not much for negligence leading to actual bodily harm in the form of the deaths of around 2000 civilians

the chinese version of death by 1000 cuts might have been more fitting . carried out 3 times a week for a few years

they should use the 50 million pounds he made to pay for medical funds in Iraq

All the information on the ebay listing is simply cut and pasted from other listings, most likely from units being sold in the US a few years back, there are several references to the gold price going shooting to high levels in 2011 & 2012, not in 2013! I see it can even pick up humans, bottles, wood, ceramics, indian artefacts, and even fish, oh please! :rolleyes:

I'd hate to think they are taking advantage of the current Australian detector market, where there is no choice than to buy from an Australian dealer at a premium price, the pricing seems comparible with a decent detector. Funny thing is that I haven't seen these on ebay.au until recently, probably mainly due to people becoming more wary on overseas markets.

Bloke should bend a few bits of fence wire and offer 'em on fleabay as:

'Genuine Aussie made. These dowsers equal any advertised, can find everything they do' and at half the price of the competitors'

Wouldn't be lying, 'Aussie made', I'm an Aussie and I made 'em.

'Can find everything they do'. Nothing.

'Equal the competitors'. Sure do, equally useless.

Bet there'd be some take up the offer. There's one born every minute and, unfortunately, a heap of leeches waiting to take advantage.

Latest posts