Little gold from NSW

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nanjim said:
Lazy Trommel

Liked the Vid .
I am yet to find my first bit of colour .

Cheers
Jim

Thanks Jim..

Give it time.. took me quite a while to snag my first bit..

Nice bit of gold mate and will done with your new machine
Looks like you had a hard time filming and digging that nugget

Uncle Bob said:
Nice bit of gold mate and will done with your new machine
Looks like you had a hard time filming and digging that nugget

I was indeed, ultra slim nokia phone, pain in the arse honestly haha.. next time Subgram is going to be camera man!

Could be worse, could have recorded the whole thing with my thumb over the lens, :8

LazyTrommel said:
Went out This afternoon for 4 hours with the Modified F1A4.. Ended up doing pretty well..

Vid for anyone interested.. (currently processing) 720 not available yet.

http://youtu.be/Nlt9a8l8GcA
Congratulations, its good to see the F1A4 do well I have a stock standard one, it gives me some hope of finding a bit of colour. What are the mods you have on yours if you dont mind me asking?

noncents said:
LazyTrommel said:
Went out This afternoon for 4 hours with the Modified F1A4.. Ended up doing pretty well..

Vid for anyone interested.. (currently processing) 720 not available yet.

http://youtu.be/Nlt9a8l8GcA
Congratulations, its good to see the F1A4 do well I have a stock standard one, it gives me some hope of finding a bit of colour. What are the mods you have on yours if you dont mind me asking?

don't mind you asking at all.

The basics, Coil socket, headphone, internal re-wire and removal of the speaker..

2 timings, 2 freqs..

Hi mate,
I see your avatar has a lot of electrical instruments....... Do you fix things on detectors there by any chance? I might need something done one day. :)

I do a little amateur electronics, repairs mostly these days.. Unfortunately myself and a few others shared a bit of info on the F1A4 machines, and people have been taking to them in all manor of crazy ways.

The one I'm working on currently was modified by someone calling himself an "Electrical Engineer" Working out of North QLD.
The bloke left bare exposed wires hanging.. the major screw ups were all covered by hot glue, for some reason he removed the audio reset, and noise cancel ribbon cable connecting the buttons..

The internal speaker i'm guessing he "attempted to remove" but couldn't, its bent, ripped and the wires I'm guessing were torn off the board....
He has installed 4 SPDT toggle switches, 3 Rotary Encoder (for what i have no idea) Maybe he thought they were mini Pots.. none of them were wired to anything..
Battery pack regulator board is dead, completely burned out.. I'll replace the mil spec socket with a 4 pin, route the audio to the back, and basically make in an "SD" style battery system, outputting audio via the same cable, will allow him to run off the 6v ML batteries..

Anyway long story short, I feel really sorry for the poor guy who spent $650 having these "mods" done.

Oh and I'm not charging a cent, I don't do that.. :)

Hey Lazy Trommel,

My mate has recently purchased a Mod 2 F1A4 from a dealer advertising in Gold, Gem and Treasure....I think you know who I mean ;)
Is this the same Electrical Engineer as the person whop does these mods?? My mate would be very interested in finding out. Pretty sad too as they are charging $2400 for them.

Cheers

Honestly, I know of at least 8 people doing the 'level 2' mods though only 3 of them are qualified..
Peter Woodland, Ismael Jones, and Jack Lange's 'guy' whoever the hell he is?!

If they're being sold in GG&T I'd say its probably Jack Langes bloke.. or Woody..

F1 is a solid bit of gear, with an appropriate price tag its a great buy for anyone not looking to spend $1000.. I started out with 25 units, sold every one of them for $650 ea shipped.. with your basic mods.. nothing special.

Lately you can't pick one up for less than $800, worst still they're some of the very first machines made, and believe it or not, far uglier! lol
Anyway point being, If you've got $1000 to spend, Buy the Whites SPP, its a power PI with a warranty and kick ass performance.. (better than the F1 pre mod)

You're always going to be better off with an SD2200D or v2 than with an F1A4... hell I picked up a GP extreme for $1450 on Saturday (thank you QGS) ;)

I would never spend $2400 on something heavily modified, that doesn't compare to a 2200 or better... and the F1A4 "even modified" DOES NOT!
Jack lange made his little video making claims that it was as good as a 3500, and most of us figured (sure, its been modded why not?)

Nobody seems to have noticed that he was using larger than average nuggets to do his tests... You take a stock standard 2200D out to that location, swing it over a 3 gram 10 gram and 54OZ nugget and you'll get the same response! UGH anyway enough ranting.

Anyway Just my opinion, I've had more than a little play time with the different level machines L1 and L2.. and compared to what I own GP Extreme, 2200, 2100, and my personal F1 (modified) machines, I'd say the F1 falls in between the 2100 and 2200.

Again, just my experience, and opinion on the purchase of "what i consider" to be over priced..

Love to hear some feedback from other users..

Latest posts