Kiwi and a Canuck travelling Oz

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Darren Cole Gold said:
rom said:
rings...there was a not so subtle hint about "melting" and "rings" if i remember correctly?! lol ;)

Not subtle at all!!!

It'll happen, we got 8 pieces at 0.7grams total today, smallest being 0.04 grams, I like to remind all that those pieces are closer to weighing NOTHING than weighing even point one of a gram!!! It was fun digging so many targets and cheers Shauno for sharing some knowledge there, we aren't staying long though and just as well as if we did there would be nothing left for the panners!

But back on topic, those scores of uninteresting nuglets with no story behind them, they are the ones going into a crucible with some borax powder. So days like today are the really productive ones.

Myriam, she wants a big heavy nugget though. She's luckier than me so she'll find one for sure.

Always glad to help out.

Let us know if you get that ring made up! Make sure it stays natural in one section so you can see it's made from natural Aussie nuggets. :D

Good luck on the rest of your travels. :Y:
Cheers,
Shauno.

By the way Darren, you know that little ceramic pot that Myriam found on the track?

I was telling old mate in Hargraves about it and he showed me one exactly the same! He says it's an old ink well.

Looks kinda like this?
31ff377755541d7485be22a930dad961.jpg

A most excellent find!!

Great to see that you two have joined our little group :lol:

Enjoy your travels though our country and please leave a bit of gold for the rest of us to find :p

I hope to run into you again somewhere on the gold fileds.

Dron said:
By the way Darren, you know that little ceramic pot that Myriam found on the track?

I was telling old mate in Hargraves about it and he showed me one exactly the same! He says it's an old ink well.

Looks kinda like this?

A most excellent find!!

Yep!

That's exactly what that is, surprised it's still in one piece after probably being driven over!!! they really did build things tough back then!

Good luck on the south coast, you'd have absolutely loved the spot Shauno put us onto though, not too far between small nuglets, the camping is quite easy there also.

Balmain Bob said:
Great to see that you two have joined our little group :lol:

Enjoy your travels though our country and please leave a bit of gold for the rest of us to find :p

I hope to run into you again somewhere on the gold fileds.

Cheers Bob!

Enjoy your last few days in Hillend and safe travels and good luck out west.

We'll be in Newcastle shortly by the looks of things as I've just had a job offer come through, but on the upside it gives us both a chance to charge up the bank accounts and buy the things that we've been putting off, like a 12 volt fridge so we aren't as reliant on canned food.

Either which way, we are on the board now so expect updates from us whenever we have something exciting to share.

Latest posts