Kid’s detector

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just for hunting in parks and local beaches?

I started with one of the Adventure Ridge units from Aldi for about $100.
It worked fine and I found a pile of coins. I then bought a second hand Vanquish 540 for $400. Its a lot better but for a kid and depending on the budget an Aldi unit might be ok.

You didn't mention a pin pointer - I started with a $20 GP Pointer from eBay - it too worked was satisfactory for 12 months until I upgraded to a Minelab Profind for $160 from Annaconda.

Gumtree and Facebook Marketplace usually have a lot of lightly used detectors for sale.

The ones suggested by MBasko also seem to have good reputations.

What would you guys recommend for an 8year old for detecting. Cheers in advance
got a nokta midi hoard for my (undersized) 8 year old and it is excellent. telescopic shaft is fully collapsed at this stage so plenty of options as she gets taller. simple, bulletproof, waterproof and it works. highly recommended

Just for hunting in parks and local beaches?

I started with one of the Adventure Ridge units from Aldi for about $100.
It worked fine and I found a pile of coins. I then bought a second hand Vanquish 540 for $400. Its a lot better but for a kid and depending on the budget an Aldi unit might be ok.

You didn't mention a pin pointer - I started with a $20 GP Pointer from eBay - it too worked was satisfactory for 12 months until I upgraded to a Minelab Profind for $160 from Annaconda.

Gumtree and Facebook Marketplace usually have a lot of lightly used detectors for sale.

The ones suggested by MBasko also seem to have good reputations.
Cheers mate very helpful

Latest posts