Kamarooka

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey Folks, I was wondering if anyone has worked Kamarooka State Park before? Specifically the section around Bendigo - Tennyson Rd? I've reviewed GeoVIC and it shows nothing really around that area. I've got an opportunity to work some private land - around 300acres of it - and it's never had a detector over it in the last 50 years. I'm interested to see if anyone has worked that area before and what their experience has been..

Oz_Gold said:
Hey Folks, I was wondering if anyone has worked Kamarooka State Park before? Specifically the section around Bendigo - Tennyson Rd? I've reviewed GeoVIC and it shows nothing really around that area. I've got an opportunity to work some private land - around 300acres of it - and it's never had a detector over it in the last 50 years. I'm interested to see if anyone has worked that area before and what their experience has been..

There's a reference here http://www.gold-net.com.au/archivemagazines/apr20/85439743.html

casper

Iv spent many days around that area with no return but would love to see something from that area.

There's lots of old diggings and you don't dig holes like that for nothing... :|

casper said:
Oz_Gold said:

There's a reference here http://www.gold-net.com.au/archivemagazines/apr20/85439743.html

casper

Thanks Casper, I had a look at that reference and information is very limited... Seems there's two reefs in the area but there isn't a huge amount of info on either. It seems doubtful reef is the main area for shallow workings whereas jones reef was deeper...

Zuke_Lynzy said:
Iv spent many days around that area with no return but would love to see something from that area.

There's lots of old diggings and you don't dig holes like that for nothing... :|

Did you work mainly up in the Jones reef area or the marked shallow workings? I think the shallow stuff seems to be closer to doubtful reef but I've been led to believe jones reef is over 7km long so doubtful may just be the continuation of jones reef.

Yes mainly the jones reef area and further west' there is some gully workings in there and patchy surfacing' since found more productive areas closer to home but I will get back there one day.

Purchased my first "rebuild" clay trommel from an elderly gentleman at Raywood, he regularly bucket washed dirt from the Kamarooka area, did pretty well too from the jar he showed mrs dwt and myself when we picked the trommel up, he didn't let anything out about his spots either, cunning ole bugger :lol:
Must be something out that way though, there was a lot of exploration drilling and hype of excitement and interest some 4-5 years ago from mining companies, shallow gold was the Scuttlebutt getting around 8)

Latest posts