Just bought SDC2300 we are newbies to metal detecting - help please

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi everyone,

We have just joined this great site and are very new to prospecting. We have just purchased an SDC 2300 (that came with a free go find20).

We have been getting used to the machines for the last couple of weeks and are hopefully primarily looking for gold. At present we are in NSW (Forster) and would love some help on areas to try etc.

We are also travelling Australua and are hoping to visit some great places.

Any help would be great as we are total novices....but have been bitten by the metal detecting bug!

Thanks

HevnJohn

Welcome

This lucky country is full of gold and historians abound so a quick internet search of any planned destination is a great start to working out its golden past.

There is also a search function of this forum, so start researching and christen that SDC. I would recommend any known goldfield concentrating on workings or surfaced areas as the SDC loves small, shallow gold others have missed.

Enjoy

HevnJohn there are many gold fields in this great land we live in ,I think the best advice I can give you both is to learn your detector take your time .People on the forum are most helpful welcome to both of you regards john :)

hi Hevnjohn,

congratulations on your purchase a very good machine with the latest technology, simple easy to use following the instructions provide with the machine i found.
a couple of things i noticed that may be of assistance, 1) if you are right handed the speaker if you are not using the headphones is on the RHS of unit and is facing away from you so if there is some wind around you may not hear some faint signals, if both of you are walking eg 1 swinging and the other carrying the pick i would suggest for the other person to walk on that side so they to can listen for changes.
on the coil if you look closely on the top where it pivots you will see there is a couple of raised alignment marks, check periodically to ensure these are still aligned which will ensure your coil sweep remains flat with the ground.
allow the coil to receive the signals back to it as being only 8 " coil if sweeping to fast you can easily have moved the coil past the point before the signal comes back.
here in the pilbara i find the spinifex works well to slow the sweep down as you basically have to work in and around the clumps of it but slows things down to get good results.
attached is the samples i have found mostly this year with the SDC and the GPZ, with the SDC being very good around salt lakes also.

cheers and happy hunting
1451961892_gold_2015_minelab_v2.jpg

go where everyone else has been or found gold in the past, chances are they have left pieces behind just for you, thats what i have found :D

where there are little pieces there may be bigger so enjoy looking.

Hi Mate
Bloody good unit mate!!!!!!!! paid mine off in the 1st trip (1 week).

Don't rely on the built in speaker!!!!
Get the adapter lead from Phase Tech, Nenad.
Check some of my posts for some Idea's on how to make it more functional.
good luck & work it mate

Lee

Latest posts