It's Snow Time

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Could not explain to the powers that be in Sydney, There may be no access to the High Country to deliver services to that area.
The question.
Why. ?
The answer, Snow.
They just don't understand we do have snow around this time of the year.
It Snowed a few weeks ago not far from here blocking the roads off. :eek:
For a day. :D
Trouble is half a road let go on Brown Mountain and it is going to take a few months to fix. :eek:
I better go and have a scratch and sniff North. LOL

I didn't think Australia could have snow this time of year. I guess there can be some overlapping of seasons of N & S hemispheres of the planet.

AKA_RedRimmed_Desert said:
I didn't think Australia could have snow this time of year. I guess there can be some overlapping of seasons of N & S hemispheres of the planet.

It can't have snow in OZ this time of year But I am an Aussie In London.

It did snow but no where as much as they said.

My youngest daughter is in London at the moment on a study tour, she will be rapt, and cold.

Redfin said:
only another week, then Paris for a week, then Amsterdam for a week.

Cool, sounds like fun,, She will really notice the heat when she gets back home, Along with the Jet lag.

Ridge Runner said:

It was really cold this morning. Went to take out the mail to put in our mailbox on the edge of road. I could hardly get back to the house fast enough, just feeling frozen cold. Had a winter coat on with sweatshirt, a long sleeve shirt also underneath but no cap.....my face felt a bit numb. Later when the mail didn't go, realized it was a holiday for the Post Office, Martin Luther King Day.

Ridge Runner said:

It was really cold this morning. Went to take out the mail to put in our mailbox on the edge of road. I could hardly get back to the house fast enough, just feeling frozen cold. Had a winter coat on with sweatshirt, a long sleeve shirt also underneath but no cap.....my face felt a bit numb. Later when the mail didn't go, realized it was a holiday for the Post Office, Martin Luther King Day.

Can't you get proper winter Parkas there ?? I got some Real Heavy Duty Extreme cold weather Gear to Keep me warm, I have multiple pairs of boot that are good for 0*c to -100*c and Parkas that are just as Good etc, Let me know if you need anything Mate, because In OZ the Clothing people just don't get the true meaning of cold weather Gear.

john

Ridge Runner said:
Ridge Runner said:

Can't you get proper winter Parkas there ?? I got some Real Heavy Duty Extreme cold weather Gear to Keep me warm, I have multiple pairs of boot that are good for 0*c to -100*c and Parkas that are just as Good etc, Let me know if you need anything Mate, because In OZ the Clothing people just don't get the true meaning of cold weather Gear.

john
We have cold weather gear, just wasn't expecting it to be so cold out, considering the mild winter we've been having so far. Back when I was in construction, framing in new houses with my dad, boy I'm not missing having to work outdoors through the winter. Eventually, began to dream about taking trips to desert areas during winter season. Did that a couple times to visit mining claims but long hard trip for driving.

Ridge Runner said:
It was -12.2*c in Scotland last night and about -4*c here in London where I am.

I know how cold it gets there . My wife is pom . I spent a lot of time in congleton near stoke on trent . I only go there in the summer now but even then you still need a jumper and a rain coat every second day .

Hows that london eye . Did you jump in and have a gander . That thing dont stop for no one when your getting in and off ..

I

Ridge Runner said:
Ridge Runner said:

john
We have cold weather gear, just wasn't expecting it to be so cold out, considering the mild winter we've been having so far. Back when I was in construction, framing in new houses with my dad, boy I'm not missing having to work outdoors through the winter. Eventually, began to dream about taking trips to desert areas during winter season. Did that a couple times to visit mining claims but long hard trip for driving.

I use to work in the building trade for a few years here and working outside in temps of -10 and below is no joke, I don't miss doing it that's for sure.

Latest posts