is it viable?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Upside said:
Let's fast forward to your month off work.

What's the plan??

Ps , fwiw , I'd take a year off if I had no kids , no wife , no mortgage and was on the dole to go detecting.

Then again if I was in that situation I'd probably rather just head to Thailand. :Y:

I'll start a new thread to detail my plan instead of using this one.

I have no kids, wife, or mortgage. The plan is basically to have a go for a month and see if I can make a better wage than my retail job.

If the month goes well I'll try it for 6 months or a year.

I would recommend it only if you are depressed at work and are contemplating suicide.
I would sooner use my savings to live in Thailand,Vietnam or the Philippines while it lasts and have a good time.Hopefully you will come back mentally rejuvenated.

yes you can make a living out of gold...doesn't mean your going to..but you can. I can only talk of WA though...the biggest thing working against you will be a lack of experience...only way you can get experience is time on the ground. Lisa and I make a fair living out of gold...but we aint in it for the money.
My opinion is simple...life is short so why not have a go?

Well said. I gave it a crack for a year. I was in a position where I knew I had a job waiting if it didn't work out. I had the funds so wasn't relying on my finds and no other commitments dragging me down. It was an awesome adventure and I found some gold. If I had to rely on it to put food on the table I'm not so sure I'd enjoy it. It can be a long time between drinks. I'm so glad I gave it a go and have no regrets. One thing I can tick off the bucket list.

nuggetino said:
Well said. I gave it a crack for a year. I was in a position where I knew I had a job waiting if it didn't work out. I had the funds so wasn't relying on my finds and no other commitments dragging me down. It was an awesome adventure and I found some gold. If I had to rely on it to put food on the table I'm not so sure I'd enjoy it. It can be a long time between drinks. I'm so glad I gave it a go and have no regrets. One thing I can tick off the bucket list.

and that is what it's(life) all about...'having a go'

BigWave said:
nucopia said:
Whats the plan after you start retirment BW ?
Hi Nuc. Just more time with friends and family, plus more time in the goldfields and travelling/fishing.
I'll evolve the lifestyle.
Good to know that mate . Also good to hear you say the doc thinks you can improve your health with a few lifestyle changes..

I went down the mens shed last week, thought I might join and do something That would keep me motivated and busy..
Wow a few of old blokes sitting around drinking tea and coffee complaining about their aching joints and loss of other bodily functions.. Nice bunch of older gents , but I Had to get out of there pretty quick before i got to comfortable :D
If you feel you cant you wont and I feel i can so im going to...
Looking at another trip west...when i can get everything worked out..
:p

Latest posts