Introducing myself

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all forum users I'm 20 years old I live in Kyneton Victoria and I like to go fishing. And just getting hooked on going looking for the yellow I just bought myself a gs18 high banker and have been going out to slatey creek creswick when I went there I was shocked on the state that some prospectors have dug huge holes and not bothered back filling it's not good . I have only gone five times now with my dad and just starting to find some fine prices of gold not a lot. I have done a lot of reading and like reading about what you users have been up to and what you have found I really would love if anyone can give me advice on places I should try around creswick and Daylesford area as I don't know anywhere to go other then slatey creek.
It will be great to hear from you and help me with your expertise as I have not a lot.
Thanks fishing for gold

Welcome Ffg, why not ask the local detector shop or a fellow fossicker in Slatey Ck.
I can't help you personally but someone here might.
Jaros :p

Welcome fishing,
Sorry can't help as I'm way up north in Qld but I'm sure there are plenty of knowledgeable people on here. Try the search function also.
Good luck mate.

Thanks boys great to hear from you as I'm only just getting into it and want to learn as much from people that have been doing it long then I have .

On Behalf of Atomrat,,
Today 09:13 pm

Welcome mate, there's plenty of ground around the to swing, keep the coil on it and low everywhere and stay positive. Go into a local gold shop and buy some doug stone or john tully maps.. even google will give you many places to swing

We don't like merging post's.
It gets messy. :)

Hi all sorry for the double post iPad froze and posted two.
Didn't mean to upset anyone. I don't swing a coil I gold sluice I would like to get into swinging a coil but I don't have the cash to.
I've been out to creswick Daylesford and surrounds manly panning but just got a sluice and now I can work more dirt a lot easier and maybe more gold if I am lucky. Hope to bump into some of you out there. And any advice any of you give will be very helpful thanks heaps fishing for gold

Hi Fishing,
No worries, bound to happen with the technology we have today! ! Gold sluicing!! Something I would love to do but haven't really looked into it. Not sure if done a lot in Central Queensland. Did you make or buy the sluice?
Take care mate

I bought it form sluicy gold equipment Australia it's called a gs18 high banker only been out five times now and found some gold it's not ounces at the moment but it's still something I'm only just learning though. I can't complain I'm going out every time and finding something. Thanks fishing for gold

Sweet Fishing that's really awesome. Think you just got me more interested! ! Lol.
I haven't even got my Garrett coil yet and already excited, now even more so.
Laterz bro.

Latest posts