Introducing myself, a newbie with an interest to learn the ins & outs

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

My names Mardy, I'm a 32 years old and a Queenslander, who travels a lot for work.

I've met a few people that have told me some short stories about finding gold around the place, and I found it fascinating. Before diving headfirst in and buying all the gear and wasting my money, I wanted to read some stories, learn what to read, gain some knowledge, and basically become less of a newbie.

So I'm here because I'm interested, I want to learn more about your hobby, and potentially turn it into a hobby for myself!

Cheers!

-Mardy

Hi Mardy, welcome to the forum. You should be able to get plenty of help and info here. Where abouts in Qld are you in and intend to chase gold at. Are you wanting to detect or sluice/pan?

Lots of members here to help you on your way.

Cheers

Doug

Well I'm from Brisbane, and I think there was gold fields up near Gympie back in the day.

I do move a lot and I am currently in Newcastle NSW till the end of the year.

I am most interested in using a metal/gold detector. I've seen the super swish ones called GPZ 7000s go for like 10 grand, and people rave about them on youtube. Pretty steep, but I don't know even where to go searching even if I had a detector, so I guess that's the first thing.

Firstly - Find out how to know what parts of the country are high prospect
Secondly - Learn about gold detectors.

here is some areas around you of known gold
First one N/Castle is at 6
1505471726_new_cactle.jpg

second one N/Castle is at 3
1505471788_new_cactle..jpg

so as you see there is gold in that area now all you need to do i decide what detector you want to get

Latest posts