Inspired

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi All

Came across this site quite by accident while researching property for a move from inner Sydney to somewhere in Qld, most likely Sunshine Coast hinterland (work in progress).

Whilst I haven't been fossicking since family camping trips growing up, my keen interest in the Australian bush and heritage architecture has taken me all over the country, I'm looking forward to adding fossicking into the mix.

At Christmas I visited family at Agnes Water Qld and had a quick fossick at Lowmead, we found some nice crystals on the first day which then inspired my sister and co to come the next day. To cut a long story short they're all hooked and newly licenced. We've planned a bit of a trip out through Emerald, Springsure and surrounds places we've been or lived but never fossicked.

Thanks to the site and posts for inspiration.

Cheers

Jeff

Gday Jeff and welcome to the forum :) Some great finds come out of Lowmead, feel free to share some photos of your finds if you have any!
Sounds like you all have caught the bug, I hope the best of luck for your finds! You will come across a lot of usefull info here mate

Welcome jeff and family :D
it is a very contagous fever we have and trust me it only gets stronger, grown men getting exicted about pin prick specks of gold or saphires that need tweezers to pick up or even just stairing at washed rocks for half an hour thinking wow look at this one and this one mmmmmmm.
Its awesome and a great outdoors hobby just be patient and acept you will spend more than you find but the days out there are worth it. :)

Latest posts