I'm New to Prospecting - Looking for River Sluice, Pans, Sieves ect.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reddie

david
Reaction score
Hi there,

I'm getting into prospecting and am looking for any equipment that anyone wants to give a second life to.

I am in Melbourne and head out usually toward the Yarra Valley or the Dandenong Mountains.

I am wanting to start out with basic tools, ie pans, a good decent size sluice, some sieves and maybe a pointer too.

I have already been looking for gold, but still yet to see colour !!

I can also pay for post if you are not in Melbourne, no worries.

Thanks all ! :rainbow:

Welcome to the forum Reddie, there is a lot of different gear out there and a lot to learn about it. Have a look into what's available so you have some idea what you might be interested in using and if you can find a partner to learn from.
Even if you strike a deal with an experienced prospector to effectively work for them for a day or two on a private claim the knowledge gained will be far more than worth your time, but don't go expecting all their secrets, prospectors are notoriously secretive about some things. Still the knowledge gained from working with someone that knows what they are doing will do you more good than any book and will drastically increase your chances of finding the yellow stuff.

Matt80 said:
Welcome to the forum Reddie, there is a lot of different gear out there and a lot to learn about it. Have a look into what's available so you have some idea what you might be interested in using and if you can find a partner to learn from.
Even if you strike a deal with an experienced prospector to effectively work for them for a day or two on a private claim the knowledge gained will be far more than worth your time, but don't go expecting all their secrets, prospectors are notoriously secretive about some things. Still the knowledge gained from working with someone that knows what they are doing will do you more good than any book and will drastically increase your chances of finding the yellow stuff.

Wow, thank you so much, that is very helpful advice.

Hi reddie. I'm thinking of selling my high banker and pump etc. Also have a md20 for sale

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts