How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks for the advice licking windows and ded driver,I was looking at rashies in the local dive shop the other day and will have to invest in some,I never thought I'd ever say it but I miss the rain :D,took the kids snorkelling yesterday for 2 hours and made them wear tshirts so they didn't burn,it was nice to cool down for a while.i knew Australia was hot,just didn't know it got this hot.i maybe should have gone to Tasmania as I've heard it's cold there. :Y:

East hull lad said:
Thanks for the advice licking windows and ded driver,I was looking at rashies in the local dive shop the other day and will have to invest in some,I never thought I'd ever say it but I miss the rain :D,took the kids snorkelling yesterday for 2 hours and made them wear tshirts so they didn't burn,it was nice to cool down for a while.i knew Australia was hot,just didn't know it got this hot.i maybe should have gone to Tasmania as I've heard it's cold there. :Y:

It is colder there although it does get hot in Summer. And there is a lot of rain sometimes but Hobart is also the 2nd driest capital city in Australia.

And you will still get just as burnt if not more so. More to do with the UV and it being closer to the hole in the Ozone layer over Antarctica than the heat of the day. The burn time in New Zealand and Australia is really low. 20-30 minutes between 11 and 4 and you're cooked (well I am anyway) :fire: ]:D

Went out this arvo with my son who is over from Newman WA 38degrees 5-30 pm he brand the weather with him was only out for 3hrs sweated our rings out had to head back to the car twice for drink stops rests was fully soaked in sweat the whole time we picked up 9little bits 5with sdc 4with the 7000 5bits came out of rock we are planning to go again on Friday but its supposed to be 43degrees I think he needs to change hes holiday dates but what can you do we will have ample water ice and plenty of breaks hopefully there will be some shade any way cheers Muk.
1548159026_134f67b2-f290-4dcf-8169-2806f0a3d929.jpg

East hull lad said:
Hot as heck here next few days. Supposed to hit 45 on Thursday, supposed to be the hottest day ever...well since records begun here like 200 odd years if that. Just a drop in ocean of time really. I'm supposed to be plastering and painting. ...inside but it's not a fun thing to be doing in this heat. But you get that I guess. You do that for family.

Great to see the humour attached to this thread, but do ponder whether the weather will get the same attention next summer when the temperatures are down.
Feel sure our Channel 7 weather presenter wets her pants relaying the high temps, areas with lower temps getting a mumble. :drooling:
Talk about brain washing and over reporting "Climate Change." :lol:

Never mind we'll be out there soon, complaining about the flies, cold winds, rain and lack of gold. :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Nightjar said:
Great to see the humour attached to this thread, but do ponder whether the weather will get the same attention next summer when the temperatures are down.
Feel sure our Channel 7 weather presenter wets her pants relaying the high temps, areas with lower temps getting a mumble. :drooling:
Talk about brain washing and over reporting "Climate Change." :lol:

Never mind we'll be out there soon, complaining about the flies, cold winds, rain and lack of gold. :pickshovel: :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Well I don't know about global warming, We had -3 to -11 this week and I got -3 to -6*c, I woke in the night and it was 10.9 in my bedroom and 6*c in the bathroom and they say it going to turn colder by the weekend, I put a Gas heater in the bathroom, theres no way am I going in there til it heats up, Lol. :8 :N:

Proper winter temps were late in arriving this year but they have now come with avengeance

Verging on chilly here. Ironically. :cloudy:

Not like the poor buggers in SA. :sunny: :fire:

1548298717_heat.jpg

Our dog Nelson is stretched out in front of the air conditioner only goes outside for a piddle and a poop. Oh well he is 70 yrs old now and the the family elder. :heart:

Last two days in Perth have been raining and windy,it's cooled right down.i'm loving it,it's just like summer in Hull.i danced a little jig in my boxers in the rain,in my back yard last night,not a pretty sight :) sympathies to everyone still getting cooked

Latest posts