How you going in this Heat

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This pic was sent to me , don't know when it was taken but these kids they need a better pool !

1547809287_wilcaniaswimmingpool.jpg

Starting to warm up here in SEQ....
And with the heat, out come the lizards from hibernation
hard to even mow now
1547823767_images-25.jpg

let alone trim the trees
1547823826_images-19.jpg

they're not always in the pool
1547823879_images-13.jpg

but it doesn't stop the kids havin a dip in the heat anyway
1547823963_images-29.jpg

it's hot outside for the lizards too
1547824052_images-23.jpg

but they're usually not a bother
1547824127_images-20.jpg

well most times anyway :eek:
1547824187_images-24.jpg

here's one that was stuck in the septic tank....
wasn't too happy loosing it's sauce of tucker
1547824338_images-5.jpg

sometimes the bugga's will be over the best yabby spots too :argh:
1547824452_images-11.jpg

but be careful
1547824520_images-1.jpg

cause the bugga's can nip ya
1547824590_aiwan_crocodile_attack_tpe804.jpg

Stay safe in the heat :Y:

We got a 3.5M loitering about the beach during the day since Christmas where the kids swim. Last year one was spotted stalking two kids. It was relocated with a lead ball in it's right ear.
Why my kids swim in a recycling bin. :playful:

Struggled like mad today,no air con in our rented accomodation in Kwinana,Perth,so took minister of nagriculture and 2 daughters and fletch my dog to the beach all day,everybody disappeared about 1 pm ish so we had beach all to us sen,I think it was 36 degrees c,hottest I've encountered so far in Australia,it felt like been in hell,but I'm not moaning I'm blessed to be in this beautiful country,I am one lucky Pom,I love the place and the Aussies,they are so down to earth and they have treated me and my family fantastically.but I'd love to meet someone with a pool or air con :D but I can't moan as I emigrated for the beautiful weather you have,but today did hit us a bit,both my daughters are burnt to high heaven :D

Thanks mr magoo,kids were coated in sun cream today but still burnt,gonna have to start wearing a hat I think,never owned or worn one before as back home it was just football hooligans and chavs that wore them,might have to buy some asap.but can't moan mate we came over here for the weather/heat.

East hull lad said:
Struggled like mad today,no air con in our rented accomodation in Kwinana,Perth,so took minister of nagriculture and 2 daughters and fletch my dog to the beach all day,everybody disappeared about 1 pm ish so we had beach all to us sen,I think it was 36 degrees c,hottest I've encountered so far in Australia,it felt like been in hell,but I'm not moaning I'm blessed to be in this beautiful country,I am one lucky Pom,I love the place and the Aussies,they are so down to earth and they have treated me and my family fantastically.but I'd love to meet someone with a pool or air con :D but I can't moan as I emigrated for the beautiful weather you have,but today did hit us a bit,both my daughters are burnt to high heaven :D

Gday east hull lad , youre right it is a beautiful country and its great to hear you consider yourself lucky. :Y:
My forefathers probably didnt think they were lucky when they were loaded into the ships by the poms bound for van demons land for pinching that loaf of bread, :eek: but Im dam thankful they got caught! LOL :perfect:
It might pay if the kids especially and yourself and mrs east hull lass are still getting burnt with spf 50 sunscreen to go and get yourselves a rash top each to wear to the beach as well as long board shorts! :Y:
Ive got this mental picture of a really white skinned pommy family down the beach with there budgie smugglers on having a great day then getting home sore and as red as a baboons bum ! :eek: not a good look lol
As stated earlier skin cancer is a real concern so slip slop and slap .
Btw welcome to Australia and were all hoping ya left the whinging at Heathrow :lol:

East hull lad said:

dude, not real good to be at the beach if you're lilly white, between about 1 & 3, the UV is at its highest
go for a drive up in the hills along the river somewhere, nice n shady :party: :fire:
and buy a BIG bottle of 50+ sunscreen, & take a bath in it :Y:
(and dont be embarrassed, I have very white skin too & burn easily)

Latest posts