How to find details of lot

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi all,

How do I find out the status of a lot number?

I have the DP number from Six Maps but not sure what to do with it now.

Cheers,
Eric

No probs.

Not sure if that means it is not crown land under lease. But the other lots around it show different numbers when searched and not as crown land.

There's a crown land viewer for NSW in the overlay data map for google earth in this link. Click on the "our data in google earth link", once it opens google earth all the data is in the left side overlay list.

http://dwh.minerals.nsw.gov.au/CI/warehouse

The crown land viewer is in the tab at the bottom of the list in a heading called "other base layers". ;)

Eric2017 said:
Hi all,

How do I find out the status of a lot number?

I have the DP number from Six Maps but not sure what to do with it now.

Cheers,
Eric
The only way to get the status of the crown land you're interested in is to enquire direct with an Crown Lands office. They will sometimes give the status of crown land via email but prefer phone calls.
It's the only way to know if it's unmanaged or unleased. If it is under management or lease you need permission to be on it. Crown Land marked on maps or on Six/ArcGis etc. etc. doesn't necessarily mean a green light for fossicking access.
I asked them about having more information on status on applications such as ArcGis or Minview & the short answer was not any time soon.

Hi mbasko,

Thanks. Yeah I understood it wasn't a green light. I just wasn't sure if you could find out status of crown land online.

Cheers.

Latest posts