how many of you have a 4x4

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
headbut17 said:
Bought a Hilux twin Cab , pick up soon - recond rear diff , new clutch , front diff locks , snorkel , V6 Petrol & Gas engine (170.000), reo under treadboards , new therm fan , good interrior , bigger tyres are on since this photo,Canopy ,paint job has faded bad , but for $2,000 , I think is a goodun

https://www.prospectingaustralia.com/forum/img/member-images/569/1374050327_photo.jpg

looks like a bargain . what year is it ?

Hiluxes do hold their value very well normally . maybe bit cheaper with yours being petrol or you just got lucky ~ ~ ~ onya

Hi Headsup , 1990 , originally had the deisel engine , but blew up @ 200,000 , so the guy put the V6 in , fully engineered , which was an orignal option I am told, Cheers Paul

'92 3.1TDi Jackaroo owner here, so far I've added a rear drawer and bed, 32" muddies, winchbar and winch, which so far I've only used to unstick 2 Patrols and a Courier ;) . They're an underrated 4x4 in my opinion, it's gotten me everywhere I've needed to go + more and gets me home. I hope to add a snorkel soon and maybe a 2" lift.

We just replaced our 2003 Kia Sportage which is for sale now with a Holden Captiva, its to tow the caravan but could get dirty if we drive it when it raines.....LOL
1374477472_kia1552347678.jpg
Nugget said:
I've just joined the club as of yesterday (well sort of :lol:). I bought a cheap run about, 97 model Kia Sportage.
1374477595_20130628_1035481823681507.jpg

me, I went for soft ride and economy santa fe 6 speed auto,awd, around 7.4 ltrs 100 kls,drives like a car but just gets me through some of the spots a 2wd would would stop. had Nissan Navarra before 2wd just under 500,000 clicks and was still purring along when I sold it. only trouble was bogholes that you strike on tracks that momentum just wont carry you through with the old 2wd

Tonights deal,

Sometimes i wish i didnt have a cruiser,had to let the air out of the tyres to fit it in underground carpark at a brisbane city motel,nowhere to park outside,just what i needed after driving from queanbeyan to brissy, arrghhh

pauly

Well I have a 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee turbo diesel as we pull a van. First new car we have owned - colour ..... White Gold :p. Mainly bought it to tow but have taken it bush a bit. Towed our van (2.2 tons) down the coast and used about 14lts/100kms back up 16ltrs/100kms.

Gotta love the seat warmers for winter.

Weird things (US thing) is the park break is a foot peddle - but on a hill start the brake auto lock and once you accelerate the brakes come off.

i have a 85 60 series land cruiser 5sp diesel wagon love the big old girl the light were a little dull so i put a led light bar on the front and wow what a difference ive got all new springs pins and shackles just have to put them in also got a 50 watt uhf/vhf radio , 27mhz radio dvd player roof rack heavy duty tow pack 2.5inch mandrel bent exhaust what a difference that made sounds nice as-well but i need to paint it im not a fan of the baby crap brown color its a good reliable old car i get around 650 - 700 km's out of the tank

i have a 95 discovery 5sp turbo diesel if anyone is interested it was a project car but i got the land cruiser and never looked back needs a few things if anyone is interested pm me :)

1377948862_970417_10151437826126725_417105689_n.jpg

My bronco-dozer! (SAD1ST) lol fully loaded with air raid siren haha .. still trying to find a snow plow cause I reckon that would be way heaps lots fun! :mad:

misscadillac1964 said:
https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...8862_970417_10151437826126725_417105689_n.jpg
My bronco-dozer! (SAD1ST) lol fully loaded with air raid siren haha .. still trying to find a snow plow cause I reckon that would be way heaps lots fun! :mad:

I could mount a bulldozer blade on that for those busy saturdays at westfields if you think it will get you past the soccer mums ?

I have done a bit of wrestling with brown belt kung fu chicks but those soccer mums are wicked

Latest posts