How do you carry your Highbanker & gear?

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bundyjd

John
Reaction score
Just curious how everybody carries all their gear, particularly if flying solo and hiking any sort of distance up a creek.

Highbanker on your back, pump in one hand, hoses etc in a bucket in the other hand?

What about pans, fuel, shovel etc?

I back pack banker,hockey strap sieves n pan ,light shovel and pick carry pump in bucket

I built a smaller two piece h/banker a while back. Works a treat when your walking through the scrub. I strap the bucket and bits to it, the pump in one hand and off you go
1435100080_20130409_162102_450_x_600.jpg

The second shot is when i rebuild a larger hopper for it just to give you an idea of what it looks like set up
1435100237_20130630_110159_450_x_600.jpg
Cant seem to find a pic of it fully set up atm.
Hope this gives you some idea.
Cheers
ChrisM

bundyjd said:
Just curious how everybody carries all their gear, particularly if flying solo and hiking any sort of distance up a creek.

Highbanker on your back, pump in one hand, hoses etc in a bucket in the other hand?

What about pans, fuel, shovel etc?

What about the 12 Doughnuts....lol

I watched the boys at Oallen carry their Walbanker , only one of a handful of power horses that can be carried "all gear solo"....FYI the Honda Pump is a few kg lighter than the Chinese imports.

I made a trolley with mountain bike wheels for my banker. However im thinking of just carrying the banker on my back as usual and getting a big plastic tub for the trolley to carry the pump, hoses and other gear.

Varts said:
I have got my eye on my one year olds alloy pram ,as soon as she is big enough not to need any more I have a few plans for it!

If your Mrs is anything like mine, then just scratch it up a bit and she won't want it, or won't want to sell it anymore. Lol

i throw all my gear on my shoulder and do a few trips. Sometimes i use a wheelbarrow which fits on the roof if i know the area is quite far away, my highbanker is modular and i can run up to three extensions. if carrying in far i just take the short section.
But mostly i have a specifically modified 4wd to get me real close to where i want to dig, the rear seats are removed and the roof rack can hold quite a bit.
I don't mind getting right in there that's half the fun for me :)

1435183944_mining_rig.jpg

G'day,
All my kit fits into a wheelie bin, that fits into the back of my SUV.
Still causes a problem dragging the wheelie bin through the bush, especially in the hills / rainforest of west Gippsland.
TD

Tricky Dick said:
G'day,
Still causes a problem dragging the wheelie bin through the bush, especially in the hills / rainforest of west Gippsland.
TD
Just needs a high lift kit mate! Before I wrecked the little one I had it worked a treat.

Reminds me to get an Alice frame for mine.
Getting sick of carting it all around by Hand.
Have it ready for Tuena. :D

Where do you guys get your frames? Ebay?
I got a cheaper version at the green shed here in canberra but i have my doubts about how long it will last.

Tricky Dick said:
G'day,
TD

That's a "wheelie" good idea ;)

Greglz86 said:

Yep. Not cheap IIRC - I think mine, inc all the straps, was $120 'Buy It Now' from an Aussie seller. Had to enlist (no pun intended) an ex-Army mate to show me how to put all the straps together.

mdv said:
Greglz86 said:

Yep. Not cheap IIRC - I think mine, inc all the straps, was $120 'Buy It Now' from an Aussie seller. Had to enlist (no pun intended) an ex-Army mate to show me how to put all the straps together.

Bugga. Didnt really feel like forking out that much.
might just keep the one i have for now.

Greglz86 said:
I got a cheaper version at the green shed here in canberra but i have my doubts about how long it will last.

I just picked up a brand new one with padded shoulder and waist straps from Ironside Military in Wollongong St. Must have been a slow business day, after a short haggling session I ended up paying $40 for it.

Not sure if they had any more new ones, but there was a box full of used ones in fair condition.

I like Reeks idea of a bolt and wingnut to attach it to a highbanker.

Latest posts