Hiya

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geeza73

dave
Reaction score
1367566397_image.jpg

Hi guys

My name is Dave I live in colac Victoria and have been panning around the ballarat/creswick/daylesford gold field for a couple of years now. I am 39 married and have two young sons. I work full time but in my free time there is nothing better than finding some gold no matter how big or small. It's great to get outdoors in the bush with a bit of water to splash about in.

Hopefully the picture worked, I found a small waterfall and this was on top of the first layer of gravel under it. It's not much but I was happy with the size. Hopefully I can reach the base of the bedrock at the bottom of the waterfall.

Cheers guys hope to see you out and about.
Dave

Welcome Dave,

The pic worked prefect, that's some real nice colour you have there. Keep on digging mate, it sounds like a top spot.

You've picked a great forum to hang out and somewhat satisfy the urge in between outings :)

I look forward to seeing you around.

Cheers,
Nugget

Welcome to the forum Dave, Great area to live and so close to the goldfields. Some rely nice gold from that waterfall and if that came from the top your on a winner when you get closer to the bedrock. Look forward to hearing some tales and adventures from the Colac region...Cheers Wal. :)

Hey Dave,

Welcome to the best prospecting forum on the planet :D

I'm in Bacchus Marsh, still a noob at this prospecting caper but would be happy to catch up for a day in the splash with ya.

Nice colour you got there, hope there's plenty more where that came from.

Cheers, John

Hey guys
Thanks for the warm welcome, I must say i recognise the name walnliz from some terrific youtube videos around southern new. You guys get some great looking gold from the turon/shoalhaven/southern nsw.

I can't wait to get back to that waterfall, before the stream starts to flow again, although if it is flowing then i can use my bazooka gold trap (which i love).

its so dry around ballarat region though, victoria needs a good soaking of rain.

cheers guys again
dave

AU Fever said:
Hey Dave,

Welcome to the best prospecting forum on the planet :D

I'm in Bacchus Marsh, still a noob at this prospecting caper but would be happy to catch up for a day in the splash with ya.

Nice colour you got there, hope there's plenty more where that came from.

Cheers, John

G'day John,

Still prospecting? Of course you are... I'm trying to find some locals to go out prospecting with, do you only chase gold or interested in gemstones too?

I'm 33 and live in Darley, done some sluicing and some dry digging for gems but don't find it as rewarding on my own.

Mark

Ohhh - to live close to the fountain of all things yellow. Now that is what my dreams are made of. 8.(

:p Nice pan of gold there Dave and welcome to the forum.

Welcome onboard Ray - like the sound of the "golden" waterfall you have found.
cheers Jed

Latest posts