Highbanker that I'm to make.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah mate sluice is 1800mm x 300mm x 200mm and the hoppers is 800mm x 285mm x 200mm very strait forward and i just used a piece of cable tray in the top hopper i had grizzlies at first but didn't quite make em right so went with cable tray until i can get a new set made up. and if you run riffles and expanded mesh you wont have to worry about flat rock they should just bounce out like any other rock.

TheFossickingKid said:
Goldtarget thanks so much for this information I will be looking into this information I will most likely build a couple of systems like a rocker box etc. it's all good haha I know that I have to look through a lot of info to build a Highbanker.

20xwater this Highbanker looks great.it also must run great to catch the yellow stuff to! Can you give me the mesurements for this Highbanker or not? Thanks.

Barra_mad this Highbanker looks awesome to a very nice and simple one can I get the measurements for this Highbanker please? Thanks.

plan/design to scale you want from pics...mine isn't a carry through the bush very far unit, I use a furniture trolley to cart my gear!!!!!!

sluice dimensions are W/330mm x L/1m x H/100mm

hopper dimensions are W/330mm x L/600mm x H/110mm

pump size is a Honda 5.5hp, its overkill but it runs under 1/4 throttle to do the job...extends pump life!

hopper can handle any rock you can fit on to a shovel!

will process atleast 2 cubes of material per day efficiently!

TheFossickingKid said:
Yea I will probably want something that can be just be set up easily and can take a lot of material. I will do some research google images tomorrow and pick some pictures out thanks GD

What you have asked for above is pretty much a Walbanker, It appears the most efficient all round design in that it balances portability and power when it comes to highbanking for gold, not to mention sapphires. Most other designs tweak one aspect but then loose in another area in my opinion.

You might like to build a mini trommel if you want to do something a little different.

A backpack mini highbanker would also be a good project, or a two tiered banker which allows for slightly better flow but will be a heavier machine.

One aspect which I incorporated almost by accident has become the best part of my highbanker. My "extra long" classifying screen is very similar to the Walbanker but its on the second tier. It enables even a "bad back" person to stand there without back bent and classify while I shovel.

I believe this design is perfect for people with back issues, and also enables you to really see what you are classifying before you cast it away same as a Walbanker.

In clay areas that helps break everything down before it is scaped off the end as opposed to the Banjo style that allows material to quickly fall to the ground before it has been properly washed, and in Sapphire areas a long classifier gives you a great view of everything you are washing.

My 2 cents worth. Note mum washing rocks with a smile. She did this for 2 hours without fuss, she is 68 years old and could barely walk across the creek to get to the spot, but standing there everything is at a good height. I would call it a two tiered Walbanker, you can see how all stones can be inspected before being discarded. I have seen very few designs with this aspect in mind.

1406416916_1401698171_greensaph1b.jpg

Hey fossicking kid what I like to see is a new design from your own imagination, one that maybe called 'The Kid Banker' one day and lots of people will be hassling you for details or even build one for them.
A new market I see is something that can classify, sort and be portable. Electric water pump powering a trommel barrel to sort sapphires. With a small sluice to catch gold.
PVC, aluminium and etc materials available make for some interesting designs too.
Good luck and ask lots of questions.

Yeah I could see myself making some highbankers one day and other equipment I like your ideas I will perhaps start drawing up some designs this week and then choose one then start building it at school within the next 2 weeks I'll keep ya updated. With pics and the design.
Thanks.

Twapster said:
TheFossickingKid said:
Yea I will probably want something that can be just be set up easily and can take a lot of material. I will do some research google images tomorrow and pick some pictures out thanks GD

What you have asked for above is pretty much a Walbanker, It appears the most efficient all round design in that it balances portability and power when it comes to highbanking for gold, not to mention sapphires. Most other designs tweak one aspect but then loose in another area in my opinion.

You might like to build a mini trommel if you want to do something a little different.

A backpack mini highbanker would also be a good project, or a two tiered banker which allows for slightly better flow but will be a heavier machine.

One aspect which I incorporated almost by accident has become the best part of my highbanker. My "extra long" classifying screen is very similar to the Walbanker but its on the second tier. It enables even a "bad back" person to stand there without back bent and classify while I shovel.

I believe this design is perfect for people with back issues, and also enables you to really see what you are classifying before you cast it away same as a Walbanker.

In clay areas that helps break everything down before it is scaped off the end as opposed to the Banjo style that allows material to quickly fall to the ground before it has been properly washed, and in Sapphire areas a long classifier gives you a great view of everything you are washing.

My 2 cents worth. Note mum washing rocks with a smile. She did this for 2 hours without fuss, she is 68 years old and could barely walk across the creek to get to the spot, but standing there everything is at a good height. I would call it a two tiered Walbanker, you can see how all stones can be inspected before being discarded. I have seen very few designs with this aspect in mind.

https://www.prospectingaustralia.co...es/1582/1406416916_1401698171_greensaph1b.jpg
Good onya Twapster's mum ;)

TheFossickingKid said:
Yeah I could see myself making some highbankers one day and other equipment I like your ideas I will perhaps start drawing up some designs this week and then choose one then start building it at school within the next 2 weeks I'll keep ya updated. With pics and the design.
Thanks.
There is a thing called the box little buddy, think outside of it. :)
Utilise all the information you can gather from these other expierenced operators and put them all together.
Keep some key points in mind, gold is not hard to catch, but can be easy to loose, do you use v rubber, moss, marine carpet or all, xpanded mesh or riffles or both, angles and pitches, slick plates, length and width's, water volume and flow rates, is it going to be a single tier, 2 tier, 3 tier or so on,not using your imagination is the only thing holding new ideas back, if i had the coin i would have a GOlddiga@ and a Walbanker sitting in the shed to use on different soils and locations, so kick that fresh mind of yours in the guts and knock us all dead with a jaw dropping all inspiring design that will see you fronting the "new inventors".
And remember, the only stupid question is the one never asked!!!!! ;)

Tha'ts a great evolution of the Walbanker Twapster. Your mum looks like she is having a blast :D :D :D

Latest posts