Hi y'all.

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
G'day everyone.

Been a while since I did some detecting, about 1992. Couldn't figure out why it was so long but remembered that I went back to school to study electronics and computers.
I originally had a Goldseeker 12000 in 1983 but found nothing with that after many trips. I then purchased my first Minelab 15000 detector in 1996 and headed straight back to Tarnagulla. After stuffing around for an hour with it I headed to Wedderburn for my free instruction and then headed off to Robinson's Gully. Got out of the car, walked 10 feet and picked up my first nugget, about 3.5 grams. My wife almost fell over, as well as myself. After that I was hooked. I had the modifications done on my machine and also converted it to a hip mount setup. I sold the 12000 and purchased another 15000 for my wife. The gold trickled along for the next few years until I made the decision to go back to school. I sold the 2 machines and forgot about detecting.

The worst part was that I had been unemployed since 1990 so going back to school was the logical thing, and I missed out on the rush of 1996 when the SD2000 came out. If it wasn't for the $5000.00 price tag I would have tried to con my wife into buying one. So just after Christmas I headed out to a Victorian country property to check it out for shooting and found there was gold on the property. Within 10 days I had a SD2000 machine and have been out one more time in the heat to test it. I am looking at installing 2 of the mods at least from Ismael and want to get another 15000 if possible for my wife. I loved that detector.

The seed has been sown again and hopefully there is enough gold left for me to at least keep the interest up.

Axtyr.

Welcome to the forum Axtyr. Great to see the detecting passion rekindled, and I'm sure some of that earlier day experience will come in handy. Hope the forum helps get you up to date with what you've missed and look forward to seeing you around the threads.

All the very best of luck with it.

Cheers Wal.

Welcome aboard Axtyr and thank you for sharing your background with us. I look forward to seeing you around the topics.

Latest posts