Hi, Newbie here!

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi,

I'm currently living in the small town of Stawell in Victoria. I'm currently 17, and often go prospecting with my father. Although we are yet to find any gold.. Were equipped with a White's GMT detector and the recent addition of a high banker sluice. I have signed up as I've been lerking the forums for some time now, learnt alot yet still wish to learn more.. I'll most likely be posting in the correct category though for advice, mainly to do with the sluice.

However, a little about me. I'm currently a student, I love building websites and working with IT (PM me if you need anything!) although also love being in the out doors mountain biking, photography and the recent addition of gold detecting!

So, Hi! I'll try to be active around here. :)

Welcome JoshHat
You will learn a lot here from some very experienced people. Don't worry about not finding any gold yet, half the fun is learning and enjoying the great outdoors. :). Seems you are well on your way finding some, with the highbanker and detector.

What website do you build could you build one like this or an app like this site. And welcome to the forum.

Welcome Josh,

you live in one of the richest area's in the State - Lots of places to swing your detector. Enjoy your time fossicking with your Dad there's lots of gold still to be found.

If you are into Gems etc. the Secretary of the Horsham Lapidary Club lives in your town might be worth a visit.

Workshop Times:-

Wednesday:- 10am to 4pm Clubrooms & Workshop open.
Clubrooms: 24 Roberts Avenue, Horsham.

Meetings:-

First Friday every month (Excluding January).
7 pm for meeting. (Clubrooms open from 4 pm).
24 Roberts Avenue, Horsham. 'ph Secretary: Kay Dalton
Ph. 03581458.
Mob. 0414650777

Latest posts