Hi new member looking for advice

Prospecting Australia

Help Support Prospecting Australia:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi there Im 32 and about to go on my first gold prospecting adventure starting down southern NSW.
Can another point me to some links for good locations and any other advice for a young prospector
Thanks Im adva

Hi adva, someone had to do it the info you require is all here mate just have a good read through. You might want to say a bit more about what kind of prospecting and with what equipment you intend to use . Then get some maps look for areas where gold has been found before and go give it a go,the rest is up to you . Best of luck on your gold adventure.
Cheers Booney

Hi Goldflow, welcome aboard.

Can't help you with NSW sorry, as I've only ever prospected down here in Victoria. I'm sure you must have something up there though equivalent to Geovic here. I pretty much followed advice like Booney's when I first joined up. Just used the search feature of the forum to look up various topics, searched online, and bought some prospecting maps of the areas I was interested in. I've spent the last 12 months just reading, reading, and coming up to speed with all the terminology, and reading my Detector manual over, and over, and over again (and then over and over again, again.....). Just keep going out, and learning your machine/ equipment.

Good luck in your search

Booney said:
Hi adva, someone had to do it the info you require is all here mate just have a good read through. You might want to say a bit more about what kind of prospecting and with what equipment you intend to use . Then get some maps look for areas where gold has been found before and go give it a go,the rest is up to you . Best of luck on your gold adventure.
Cheers Booney

Total agree with Booney. 80/20 rule. 80% research / 20% Digging
Read all the information you can. PA has lots. Old news paper. Trove database. And the join a club in your area. The oldies will show you tips And then you will have the best chance of finding some. Ward69

Deepseeker said:
Hi Goldflow, welcome aboard.

Can't help you with NSW sorry, as I've only ever prospected down here in Victoria. I'm sure you must have something up there though equivalent to Geovic here. I pretty much followed advice like Booney's when I first joined up. Just used the search feature of the forum to look up various topics, searched online, and bought some prospecting maps of the areas I was interested in. I've spent the last 12 months just reading, reading, and coming up to speed with all the terminology, and reading my Detector manual over, and over, and over again (and then over and over again, again.....). Just keep going out, and learning your machine/ equipment.

Good luck in your search

Good advice mate. Handy hint. Buy a sub gram test nugget for around $20 to $50 and put it at different depths and see how your detector picks it up. I did this with my sdc2300 in different soils. Dry and wet it really makes difference when your out in the field.

Welcome Gold Flow,

Watch some early 'Adventure Gold' YouTube videos. Andrew prospects around the best gold areas in NSW and gives some great information and tips.

Cheers,
Megsy

Howdy Gold flow and welcome. You could start by visiting this site: http://www.prospectinglocations.com and search for whatever mineral or gem that takes your fancy in whatever area that you're interested in. I entered Nowra to give you this information:

1565655259_nowra.jpg

Hi Goldflow,

As a newbie to this hobby too, I've found this forum has some amazing info, resources and advice. Everyone is really knowledgeable and always happy to help. :D

We found the tips for beginners thread to be really helpful.
It's in the gold maps and resources section.

Good luck with your search!! :goldpan: :goldnugget:

Latest posts